Author Topic: piston cylinder  (Read 10674 times)

Doug

Re: piston cylinder
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 12:24:45 AM »
Thanks Bob, this is something I'm going to have to do for myslef when the crates arrive

Doug

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »
Hydraulic pistons and packing boxes are twisted as they seat.  MUCH easier on the seals and O rings.

I'd think to re-seat a partially removed liner would mess up the O-rings.  Probably better off to remove the line and clean it all up, make sure it seats without the O rings, then lube it up and re-seat it.

Tripping with a cylinder could shear your fingers off!!   :'(
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Doug

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 05:39:08 PM »
I just slid the liner out about an inch and back home in the block, medium effort. Obviously this isn't as big a deal as I thought. This was however on the spare, I wonder what the other one on the engine is like and how hard it will be to move when it been in service for while....

Doug

Thanks for the tips guys

Biofuelstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 08:21:14 PM »
A while back one of my father's friends needed help rebuilding his old 4 cylinder gasoline tractor. The dry sleeves where removed by welding a few passes (what every is needed) inside the sleeve which contracted the sleeve so they were easily removed. The trick hear in to have the welder set right so it will not burn through the sleeve and harm the block. In the case of the Ford a few pieces of the sleeve here knocked out with a chisel to test on.

Justin

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »
...where removed by welding a few passes ..

In some big equipment that's the only way to pull bearing races.  Use a 312 SS rod IF you can weld flat.  It has a lot of 'shrink' to it and sticks well to heat treated SAE 52100
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.