Author Topic: Thoughts on Changzhou Diesel Engine Model 1125GM  (Read 32055 times)

trigzy

• View Profile
    • High Tech Hicks
Re: Thoughts on Changzhou Diesel Engine Model 1125GM
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 08:59:57 PM »
pigseye,
      Did you mention to the dealer that you were trying to find about his engine on a forum?  The only apparenty owner of one has only one post, and only joined minutes before he posted.  Some dealers have been known to pose as customers in order to generate sales.  Not saying this is the case here, but it's a good candiate.   

I sent a couple of emails to previous winners of his auctions, they were able to verify that they had recieved, but none had run thier engine yet.  The companies website that is mentioned only appears to be a trading company, so I wasn't able to assertain the true source of the engines.

Steve
Power Anand 24/2, Brushless 20kW, some other antique iron.
Vendor of AVR's, Small Clones of Yanmar Diesel and Honda Gasoline Engines

Doug

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 12:12:50 AM »
No one would stoop to such things here would they?

Old Time Listers were snearing in your direction.......

Doug

luismc

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 01:04:13 PM »
  Hi

I am still here , I read this forum at least once a day but English is not my language it is very hard for me to post, I have not run the engine yet as I am constructing the frame as this engine do not look stable unless bolted to a good frame, it will be about two more days.

luismc

pigseye

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »
Hey all,
The responses are great particularly the descriptive ones on noise level of chinese diesels versus listers.

I'm going to see a lister in my area on Thursday and listen to it run.  It's a 6/1 but it will at least give me an idea.

I am a little concerned that the chinese diesel might be to loud for my application since I want to run it for long periods of time during the day.  Although I don't have a lot of neighbors, i do have a few that are close and wouldn't want to disturb them.

Luisc, please post photos and an assessment of your engine.

Trigzy, Yes it is possible that someone is posing as a customer when they are the dealer, I'll just ahve to take everything with a grain of salt.  Luisc, this does not mean I don't believe you own a Changzhou but I'm sure you understand the intentions of a less than honorable dealer.

europachris, please keep us posted on your Changfa silencing options.  Do you think if you built an insulated generator shed that you could significantly reduce the intake noise?  You'd still need a reall y good muffler for the exhaust, but maybe the intake could be dampened with a brick generator building.

Thanks
Pigseye

luismc

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »
  Hi

You can hear one running at http://lerch.no-ip.com/ChangFa_Gen/TOC.htm so far this is the only one i have heard , compered to the listers i have heard on line  it seems like the lister is much much quietter and more pleasant .

pigseye

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 10:40:29 PM »
Thanks Luisc, I'll check it out.

pigseye

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »
Luisc,
Thanks again for the link.  I checked it out and have to say that the engine is very loud and I don't think I could get it quiet enough for my neighborhood.  Maybe the noise level is exaggerated in the shop where they ran it but it is still loud.

I'm very interested in learning more about how your engine turns out and your experience with noise level. 

On a side note, where I live we had a beautiful, sunny, calm day on Tuesday and the power went out for over an hour.  I don't know what's happening in my area but we have been having significantly more brownouts and power outages for no apparent reason.  This is more rationale to get a generator going.

Thanks,
Pigseye

europachris

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 04:27:11 PM »
Luisc,
Thanks again for the link.  I checked it out and have to say that the engine is very loud and I don't think I could get it quiet enough for my neighborhood.  Maybe the noise level is exaggerated in the shop where they ran it but it is still loud.

Yeah, they are loud, compared to a Lister.  With 3 times the rpm and a lot more 'stuff' inside the crankcase whirring around, they are going to be noisy.  No worse than an average 3600 rpm gasser generator, and quieter than some I've heard (the Tecumseh powered Colemans are particularly loud and obnoxious).

But, I'm only in the game for backup power and the occasional outdoor project, so noise isn't a big issue for me.  If I tick off the neighbors with noise, at least I have power and they dont! :D

I'd wager that if you put a noise meter next to a Lister at full load, the noise level wouldn't be a lot different.  It's the *character* of the sound that makes the difference.  The Changfa has a very 'sharp' sound and quite a bit of gear racket.  The Lister has a great WHUMP of a power stroke, but it's low frequency and the rest of the noise is a little gear noise from the cam and the clickety clack of the tappets.  It's that rhythmic tone of the Lister that makes it a pleasant noise rather than a racket.

Chris

pigseye

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »
Hi Europachris,
You're probably correct about the noise characteristics.  The Chinese diesels are fairly obnoxious, versus the lowerr frequency Listers.

I'm going to look and listen to a 6/1 lister tonight.

Thanks,
Pigseye

pigseye

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2006, 03:56:30 AM »
Got to listen to a 6hp Lister today and I don't think I"ll be getting a Changzhou. 

The sound of a Lister is just to addicting.  Just need to spend alot more money.

Thanks to tnorvold for taking the time to show me his Listers!!!

Thanks for all the input.
Pigseye
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 03:58:10 AM by pigseye »