Author Topic: Quinnf and Beta tester LISTEROID pix!!!  (Read 21479 times)

oldnslow

• View Profile
Re: Quinnf and Beta tester LISTEROID pix!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006, 06:54:44 PM »
What a person may have paid for their kit may not always be the same.  Dealers usually reward repeat business and loyalty with the best prices. Conversely, a poor attitude can negatively affect pricing. It happens in my business all the time, because I set the pricing at will according to market pressures. If I gave a loyal customer a discount, a freebie or otherwise special deal, it is common courtesy they not blab it to eveyone, much less post it on an internet forum.   

A PM request like you said, would be a more appropriate way to get a response, IMHO.  It's not "protection" but  more likely a show of appreciation. When a person buys one of these, they generally plan on having it for a long while. Why not start out on the right foot and pick a dealer you can live with? It then starts a relationship which moves the whole "price" issue to one of value. Those who create value, in any market, will inevitably be the most successful.

Mistakes are the cost of tuition.

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2006, 11:03:52 PM »
Hi Quinn I just reviewed your write up.
Good Job
Dennis
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »
Attaboys are always appreciated.

There are a few things about the Listeroid that people really need to be aware of.  Longevity and performance related things like proper rockerbox setup, how to achieve proper tappet rotation and most recently, improving rod bearing oiling are a few.  But the gib key misfit is one that can create a dangerous situation.  That's why I took the time to document my own fix for the problem. 

Quinn

[Edit]:  I just confirmed what others have posted about the flywheel weight on these engines being 140 lbs vs 125 for my other engine.  Heavier is always better.  Schlepping the wheels around left me considerably arm-weary.  Thought it was just 'cause I was getting old.  Glad to know there's another explanation.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 05:30:54 AM by Quinnf »
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew