Lister Engines > Original Lister Cs Engines

CS6 Loose flywheels

(1/1)

Owenga:
Hi..
I got given a CS8 with a SOM alternator in good condition , so I donated my CS6 to my brother who is doing it up to use with his off grid solar... there are a few issues as you would expect but the trickiest would be the flywheels have both slogged out the bore and the crank is also undersize.
My first idea was build up the crank with weld and machine back to oversized then bore the wheels to suit, but that would make it bigger diameter than the main bearings..
We could fit “taperlocks” but there is limited material in the wheel boss..

Any suggestions...... Owenga

ajaffa1:
I doubt there is enough meat in the bosses to take taperlocks. I think I would be building the crankshaft up with weld and machining it back to it`s original size, alternatively you could buy a new Indian crank. I would then braze the two damaged flywheels and machine them back to original dimension. You are going to need a lot of heat for the brazing and access to a big lathe to do the machining.
Let us know how you go.

Bob

Owenga:
Hi..
Thanks for that. My brother has got very involved with this project and has ordered new barrel and piston, camshaft, fuel lifter, gaskets etc..
The loose flywheels we are going to make an insert boss with a heavy flange approx 250mm diameter and will bore the boss out to take the insert then bolt through the flange into the web of the wheel. It might be a little over engineered but there is a lot of inertia and it will stay put..
I have requested photos from my bro so I can post them up..

Cheers Owenga..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version