Puppeteer

Author Topic: engine date  (Read 511 times)

petert

• View Profile
engine date
« on: August 31, 2023, 04:26:51 PM »
Hi,  everybody ,  i have just  got a  lister D engine , i know very little about them  it would be nice if i knew its age the numbers are i/49296   spec  28  DH ,   it wasnt running a valve had stuck open , its in bits just now i am going to bring it up to standard if i can ,  it needs a big end shell  d19 g bv stamped on it ,  any advice would be welcome   thanks  also having trouble removing the peg so i can remove flywheel  :-\
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 04:40:28 PM by petert »

petert

• View Profile
Re: engine date
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »
Thanks folks :-[

38ac

• View Profile
Re: engine date
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 11:18:43 AM »
Sorry that nobody answered quick enough to suit you,,,

The serial number you provided doesn't jive with my list that states Lister D production started in 1926 with serial number 80000?

Stationary Engine Parts in England would be the first place I would check for a bearings or other parts but I am in the states. There is very likely other sources of parts that I don't know about.

Removing the Gibb key,
 I am not really a "Do a search" type of person but two finger typing large replies on a phone isn't my idea off fun either.  There are many artickes and posts on the web available to you by typing in a search. All in all if there is no pressing need to remove the key and flywheel it is best to leave it alone and work around it.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel