Puppeteer

Author Topic: need parts to rebuild ST1 engine  (Read 1583 times)

Farmer

• View Profile
need parts to rebuild ST1 engine
« on: January 07, 2023, 05:20:28 PM »
I'm working on an ST1 that needs new bearings oversize piston & rings, etc.  I need some help in finding a parts supplier.  Thanks for any assistance

38ac

• View Profile
Re: need parts to rebuild ST1 engine
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 06:51:14 PM »
Gary Jones at Diesel Electric Service in Kansas should have every thing you need for an ST1
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 04:28:39 PM »
Thanks very much.  Looks like he has everything :)

Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 09:34:31 PM »
Have rec'd parts & beginning to put back together.   How do I change the main bearing?  I think I can make a tool to press the the one in the crankcase, but not sure hoe to deal with the other end.  Thanks for any advice.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 07:39:07 AM »
Hi Farmer, I`m a little confused by your question. The main bearings are shell bearings and can easily be replaced by undoing the bearing caps.
My guess is: you are talking about the brass/bronze bushes on the camshaft, in the service manual Lister specify a purpose made tool for removing/fitting these. I don`t believe that tool is still available to buy. I made a puller out of a suitable sized piece of round bar with a thread down the middle of it, I used a large socket, a washer, piece of thread rod and nut and slowly pulled it out by tightening the nut. I installed the replacement the same way.
Hope this helps.

Bob

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 11:03:17 PM »
I have the ST1 complete service manual in pdf form. It describes what you are asking on pages 59-61..

It looks like forum will not let me upload the complete document.. But I can copy and paste the link .. try this..

https://www.winget.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/LISTER-ST-WORKSHOP-MANUAL.pdf
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.