Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Installing Cam on a CS 16-2

(1/5) > >>

listerclone:
Hi All.  I am a master-tech auto guy who is helping a friend with his CS 16-2.  It was only hitting on one cylinder and I started moving fuel injectors, etc. back and forth seeing if I could find the problem.  I adjusted a fuel pump incorrectly and broke the fuel pump cam shear pin.  I thought this was a genuine Lister and used a genuine Lister manual to disassemble.  I replaced the broken shear pin and when attempting to reinstall the cam I found that there were no marks on the gears.  Then the guy who runs Stationary Engine Parts told me if it doesn't have marks on the gears it is a Lister clone.
I have yet to find someone who can explain how to time this engine with no gear marks.
Hope someone here can help - Thanks
Daniel Bal
Hawaii Island

38ac:
Link to my Youtube channel and a video that explains it. On a twin you can use either cylinder but if you use #2 at TDC  the #1 crank throw. will be out of the way to install the idler gear.
https://youtu.be/irFF4LSZZfg

38ac:
I should have added that when doing this on an assembled engine you usebtbe timing marks on the flywheels instead of looking down in the block as in the video amd its a real pain to get the idler installed. All in all it a whole lot easier to find marks or mark the gears prior to dissasembly as you are about to find out

listerclone:
Thanks for the quick reply.  I watched your video and now have a lot of questions.
Is it possible to spend a few minutes talking on the phone?
Daniel Bal
808-960-7406

listerclone:
Hi.  I would be happy to initiate the call.  I just need a number and the time you might be willing to talk for 5 minutes.  Your time would be very much appreciated.
If speaking to you is not an option, I could write out questions as they come up.  If you would rather do that I will get started.

Thanks - Daniel Bal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version