Lister Engines > Things I want to Buy

need parts to rebuild ST1 engine

(1/2) > >>

Farmer:
I'm working on an ST1 that needs new bearings oversize piston & rings, etc.  I need some help in finding a parts supplier.  Thanks for any assistance

38ac:
Gary Jones at Diesel Electric Service in Kansas should have every thing you need for an ST1

Farmer:
Thanks very much.  Looks like he has everything :)

Farmer:
Have rec'd parts & beginning to put back together.   How do I change the main bearing?  I think I can make a tool to press the the one in the crankcase, but not sure hoe to deal with the other end.  Thanks for any advice.

ajaffa1:
Hi Farmer, I`m a little confused by your question. The main bearings are shell bearings and can easily be replaced by undoing the bearing caps.
My guess is: you are talking about the brass/bronze bushes on the camshaft, in the service manual Lister specify a purpose made tool for removing/fitting these. I don`t believe that tool is still available to buy. I made a puller out of a suitable sized piece of round bar with a thread down the middle of it, I used a large socket, a washer, piece of thread rod and nut and slowly pulled it out by tightening the nut. I installed the replacement the same way.
Hope this helps.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version