Author Topic: Found another listeroid and brought it home  (Read 913 times)

glassblower

• View Profile
Found another listeroid and brought it home
« on: December 19, 2022, 01:53:09 PM »
Found this Power Line 6/1 about 30 minutes from me, had to buy for the price. Pulled it out of old shipping container cranked it and it started. Guy said it ran last year and he bought it new from Central Maine Diesel in 2006 to take to shows and play with. The engine never did any work nor was the saw ever finished so low hours. Took the saw off and will be mounting a ST head and a flour mill on the skid for myself. Wife can't understand why I needed another one.
8-1 Powerline, 6-1 Powerline, Automann 8-1, Lister Petter AC1, Hatz, Rumely Oilpulls

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Found another listeroid and brought it home
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 08:02:48 PM »
Nice find, low to no hours under load might have glazed the bore a bit. A long run under heavy load should cure that.
Does the radiator have a belt driven fan and is there a thermostat in the system?
How many handbags and pairs of shoes does your Wife have? My Wife keeps buying them.

Bob

glassblower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 08:36:32 PM »
It has the typical listeroid circulating pump and doesn't appear to have a thermostat. Just a passive radiator but doubt this ever got up to temperature. Planning on changing the radiator out to a fan driven unit on the other side of the wall in the shop to heat in the winter. Have spare 3 KW ST head for it planning on installing after I inspect the engine for issues and change fluids.

Luckily, My wife doesn't have any vices like purses and shoes, just take her out to dinner once in a while and she's happy.
8-1 Powerline, 6-1 Powerline, Automann 8-1, Lister Petter AC1, Hatz, Rumely Oilpulls

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 12:08:06 AM »
Luckily, My wife doesn't have any vices like purses and shoes, just take her out to dinner once in a while and she's happy.

You Sir, have won the lottery!

glassblower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 12:57:19 AM »
Yes, I`m Fortunate... I'm going to brag now, she even splits and stacks the firewood I bring home and hauls it from the barn to the house every morning.

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 05:43:28 AM »
What a great find and plan you have for the new set up. I too am lucky when it comes to this hobby as Dee is very interested in it too. To the point that she found one of engines years ago did the deal and then came back and said she bought an engine and what a ripper it is too. She will never complain about how many toys follow me home and I am harder on myself by not buying any more, will be selling some of the bigger ones next year and condensing it down a bit as we just cant take them all out to play at rallies.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

glassblower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 05:57:08 PM »
Dee is very interested in it too. To the point that she found one of engines years ago did the deal and then came back and said she bought an engine and what a ripper it is too.

I think you my friend won the prize, She bought an engine, that tops my wood chopper.  That's a great wife..

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 04:39:10 AM »
Not only that, it was a great deal she made and she can cook too.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.