Lister Engines > Lister Based Generators

Intro to the group!! ahem... and help with engine ID

<< < (2/4) > >>

macguyverkevin:

--- Quote from: AdeV on October 25, 2022, 05:54:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: macguyverkevin on October 25, 2022, 06:08:28 AM ---...with what I believe to be a Lister 3-cyl engine in it. Here are some pics.

--- End quote ---

Welcome aboard!

In the bottom corner of the 1st picture, there's a plate with the engine no on it... can you get a closeup of that? That will definitively ID the engine if it's a Lister - or definitively tell us it's NOT a lister!!

Cheers,

Ade.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I see that, and I can zoom in some, but the image quality is not the best. I tried searching what I thought I saw, with no joy... maybe y'all can discern more useful data from it!

The Gen is 75 miles away from me, so I cant go snap a better pic.  :(

i won't try to jade your educated opinions of what is written there with my myopic viewpoints.

Diesel Engineering:
It certainly looks like a Lister ST engine. The reason for not having a starter motor is probably because the generator has start windings. fitted

dkmc:

It's cool. I'd buy it pronto before the other guy gets it.

macguyverkevin:
So it appears I have found the right group for solid information. I have not yet committed to buying this, but I do want to get a reliable genny for my home - being that I live in California, where utility power is provided at the whim of those who may have graduated with a C-.
The seller is asking north of $3K (USD) for this, and I think it is still a solid piece of equipment for that price, though it may raise some eyebrows of those who don't like certain kinds of smoke...

SOOOOOO, what say you about the price-point for this? Too much? Low enough to cause suspicion?

Also, this baby has a... well... baby muffler on it. That won't go over well with the WAF equation! Any suggestions for a good quiet muffler that wont destroy this en-"gem"?

Thanks again, love interacting with a good forum, y'all are awesome!! 8)

KM

dkmc:

I think that price is a give away. I've also never had the slightest problem spending other peoples money.
How can you go wrong? I'd so much less boring that the box store rattle traps with their buzzing die cast throw away engines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version