Author Topic: Hurricane update  (Read 988 times)

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
Hurricane update
« on: September 29, 2022, 03:49:49 PM »
As many of you know I'm on the east coast.
The storm came through this area overnight.
We got no damage. Our power did not go out.
I don't think the wind got over 40 or 50 mph.
We did get some rain but not that much.

Usually when they cross the state, as this one did, they will loose most of their power.
This storm was rather large so I did board up the south and west side of the house.

The west side of the state did get a lot of damage and flooding.

Thanks for everyones concern......we did OK this time !
Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Hurricane update
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 09:13:46 PM »
Welcome back Gary, glad to hear you got through it OK.
Looks like the folks on the west coast were not so lucky, I hope the federal and state governments in the US are better than ours in Australia. Those who have lost everything are going to need help and they need it right now! Not in two weeks time when the politicians can stage a nice little photo shoot for the media!

Sorry, personal experience.

Bob

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 10:56:56 PM »
Good to hear Gary. Glad you guys made it through relatively unscathed. Sounds like the West Coast has got a long road ahead though.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 10:58:39 PM »
I hope the federal and state governments in the US are better than ours in Australia.

I don't know if they are any better or worse. Some are definitely opportunists.  FEMA tends not to mess around and usually gets to work pretty quickly. I am also guessing Florida local and State governments having been through this so many times are likely well prepared. The Florida Governor is also a sharp one who seems to be on top of it.

I also think the good old "American Spirit" really shines during times like these. Having been through several hurricanes myself a little further up the East Coast it always amazes me how everyone turns out to help each other and people from other states show up offering any assistance they can. There are usually church groups and fraternal organizations as well as the Red Cross that show up in droves.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 11:17:55 PM »
I couldn`t agree more, it will be the spirit of the people that will overcome. The charities, religious groups and volunteers will do most of the heavy lifting, God bless them.

Bob

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 06:39:50 PM »
I agree, When a disaster strikes in the US, people tend to pull together to help. The churches play a very important role.

32 coupe, so glad to hear that your fine and suffered no damage.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all that’s being effected by Ian.