Puppeteer

Author Topic: Leaking Bryce pump  (Read 920 times)

olNick

• View Profile
Leaking Bryce pump
« on: September 28, 2022, 06:45:11 AM »
Hi,

The Bryce pump on my Petter AV1 leaks slowly. If I leave the fuel shutoff on it leaks about a cup of diesel every 10 days...

If I shut off the supply, I would have to purge the system If I don't start it "soon", meaning within 2-3 days.

Sound like the element needs replacing? I don't know if delivery valve would also cause it?

posted here as this forum is more active...

regards,
Nick

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Leaking Bryce pump
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:26:35 AM »
Hi Nick, yes it is most likely the element is worn. Could be just regular wear caused by it`s age, much more likely fuel contamination, dirt or water. Clean out the fuel tank and fuel lines, replace the fuel filter before connecting your refurbished injector pump.
The AV1 has an externally mounted injector pump but it would still be possible for fuel to leak down into the sump, check the oil level, if it has risen you have diesel in the sump and you should probably do an oil change.
Bob

olNick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 04:55:21 PM »
Thanx Jaff,

I'll take it apart again and replace the element. All else is spotless....
Where would you source elements besides SEP?

nick

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 10:10:17 PM »
Hi Nick, give these guys a go https://injectionpumps.co.uk/product-category/spare-parts/bryce-spare-parts/
Failing that contact Mead plant, if they haven`t got it they will know where to get it.
Bob