Author Topic: PhunniPharm "Official" interest list for small purchase  (Read 4258 times)

hwew

• View Profile
Re: PhunniPharm "Official" interest list for small purchase
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2022, 05:17:58 PM »
It has nothing to do with attitude. It's just plain common sense.

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2022, 05:31:54 PM »
It registers as battered spouse syndrome, to me, or Stockholm syndrome.

To wit:

Guy says, "Hey, I'm importing crap anyway, anyone want engines to ride in the container?  Here are the terms..."

Others say, "You'll never get it done.  Nobody here, who complains constantly about not being able to import these machines, wants to take your offer.  You are a scammer.", neatly doing the EPA's work for it.

That was the gist of the question I asked 32coupe.  Is the reluctance to say "Yes", the flip side of the EPA's abusing people for years, to the point that they are unwilling to take an opportunity to alleviate the problem, for one shipment?  Would that reluctance be alleviated, and the pent-up demand for the engines be freed to find its supply, if "air compressors" are imported and sold?

"It didn't work before, except for the times it did, but we weren't going to take that opportunity earlier, so we aren't going to take it now."  :-)

I mean, that's fine and all.  No problem for me, since I don't need to make an extra trip with a trailer to Fastenal.  I am (was) willing to be vetted by an admin (but how do you contact one?)

Everyone's gotta be new to a forum sometime, and still inexperienced with deciphering model numbers and so forth, until knowledge is completed.  Folks here act like that's a crime.

Not my problem, any more.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:49:32 PM by PhunniPharm »
10/1 Listeroid (don't remember brand)
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2022, 05:55:01 PM »

Incidentally, do you think this kind of attitude keeps people from even trying to make the situation better?

Actually no I do not.  Realize that you are looking at the main gathering point for people interested in these engines. Count the traffic. Count the number who showed ANY interest in. buying your engines. Your excitement for these engines is understandable, I like them myself but you need to understand just hiw limited the market is. That's not pessimism, thats just fact.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2022, 05:57:39 PM »
Actually no I do not.  Realize that you are looking at the main gathering point for people interested in these engines. Count the traffic. Count the number who showed ANY interest in. buying your engines. Your excitement for these engines is understandable, I like them myself but you need to understand just hiw limited the market is. That's not pessimism, thats just fact.

I suppose that's all the market research that's needed, then.

Even the enthusiasts don't want the engines, or so fervently believe they cannot be obtained that they are reluctant to even try.  No... Hostile to anyone who would even offer.

That's interesting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:12:18 PM by PhunniPharm »
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2022, 06:32:16 PM »
It registers as battered spouse syndrome, to me, or Stockholm syndrome.

To wit:

Guy says, "Hey, I'm importing crap anyway, anyone want engines to ride in the container?  Here are the terms..."

Others say, "You'll never get it done.  Nobody here, who complains constantly about not being able to import these machines, wants to take your offer.  You are a scammer.", neatly doing the EPA's work for it.

That was the gist of the question I asked 32coupe.  Is the reluctance to say "Yes", the flip side of the EPA's abusing people for years, to the point that they are unwilling to take an opportunity to alleviate the problem, for one shipment?  Would that reluctance be alleviated, and the pent-up demand for the engines be freed to find its supply, if "air compressors" are imported and sold?

"It didn't work before, except for the times it did, but we weren't going to take that opportunity earlier, so we aren't going to take it now."  :-)

I mean, that's fine and all.  No problem for me, since I don't need to make an extra trip with a trailer to Fastenal.  I am (was) willing to be vetted by an admin (but how do you contact one?)

Everyone's gotta be new to a forum sometime, and still inexperienced with deciphering model numbers and so forth, until knowledge is completed.  Folks here act like that's a crime.

Not my problem, any more.

Oh boy ::)

For now, just move on with your life.
Just order your engines and, if you have some left over when or if they arrive in the states, then offer them to sell.

Making comments as you just did makes some of  us wonder if your a person that members want to deal with. Your just making it hard on yourself. Sometimes it's best to back off and not write anything. If you want to be respected, and possibly liked, keep negative comments to yourself.

You still have a chance to redeem yourself here.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:39:57 PM by hwew »

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2022, 06:39:19 PM »

Oh boy ::),

For now, just move on with your life.
Yes.

Just order your engines and, if you have some left over when or if they arrive in the states, then offer them to sell.
No.  I am importing engines for my own purposes, not to sell.

Making comments as you just did makes some of  us wonder if your a person that members want to deal with. Your just making it hard on yourself. Sometimes it's best to back off and not write anything. If you want to be respected, and possibly liked, keep negative comments to yourself.
Maybe.

I am just trying to understand the actual mindset here.  I am absolutely, blatantly, and openly doing market research among the people most likely to be interested in purchasing engines.  I am absolutely transparent in my aims and methods, and in my excitement for these elegantly simple engines.

You still have a chance to redeem yourself here.
Maybe, and maybe not.  Since my goal is to learn about the engines and eventually sell them, and even the largest group of enthusiasts is reluctant at best to even engage in a discussion, is there anything worth redeeming here?
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2022, 08:45:21 PM »
Actually I wish you well in your endeavour.  But I am not going to pump you full of BS to support it. I give you the facts as I see it.

As one of the early posters stated, your not attempting anything that already hasn't been tried,, and your also not the first to blame us forum members because we didn't all line up with orders for engines we don't want or need.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2022, 08:56:22 PM »
Actually I wish you well in your endeavour.  But I am not going to pump you full of BS to support it. I give you the facts as I see it.

As one of the early posters stated, your not attempting anything that already hasn't been tried,, and your also not the first to blame us forum members because we didn't all line up with orders for engines we don't want or need.

I don't blame anyone for anything.  Hell, the proof's in the pudding.  Will I drop the engines at Fastenal?  Who knows?  I dig that.  I doubt anyone would care to see photos of the engines I finally receive, so I won't bother posting them.

My offer was:  I'm getting stuff shipped, anyway.  If you're interested, your engine can ride over and I'll make the last-leg connection.  That's it.  Don't buy something you don't need.

Is that clear enough?

My goal was to obtain information about the market, and the core of the enthusiasts in it.

And I have done so.

Thanks!
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »
You summed it up in your last paragraph on post #35.

Learn about the engines.

Learn about importing non compliant engines in the US. What are the repercussions if one gets caught?

Members are reluctant to engage in a discussion. Ask yourself why.
Do you know this forum and others are monitored? And can you guess by whom?
Why would members put themselves in a possible train wreck if things go bad on your end? Do you think they will stop with you? You see your topics were blown from the beginning.

First of all, if you want to sell compressors your at the wrong forum.
Find a forum that will be glad for you to post about them.

Find a manufacturer that will make them to your spec.

I'm trying to give you some ideas.

Your in the compressor buisness, nothing else. This means that you only sell compressor parts to keep them operating as they intended to.
What people do with the compressors is their buisness.

Be legal and honest. This way no one gets burned at the stake.

That is what most people want.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:13:37 PM by hwew »

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2022, 09:20:09 PM »
First of all, if you want to sell compressors your at the wrong forum.
Find a forum that will be glad for you to post about them.
Since the compressors I would sell would share most of their parts with given models of Diesel engines made in China, and since this is a sub-forum dedicated to these exact engines, I thought maybe this would be relevant and welcome discussion.

If I was wrong, well, that was my thought process.  I am now educated.

Find a manufacturer that will make them to your spec.
Rather, find a company who will help me to prototype the relevant pieces, designed so that there is coverage for many compressor models from a few different pieces.

That process is ongoing, or maybe was ongoing.

I'm trying to give you some ideas.
Your in the compressor buisness, nothing else. This means that you only sell compressor parts to keep them operating as they intended to.
What people do with the compressors is their buisness.
I've already had those ideas, and committed myself to selling air compressors and spare parts for same.

Be legal and honest. This way no one gets burned at the stake.

That is what most people want.
That's all I ever wanted.  Just to provide a possible channel by which this latent demand for air compressors of various designs and capacities can be met.  I came to do market research, and to maybe make a couple friends by providing space and last-leg connection for an import.

That's not welcome, and that's valuable information, too.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.
By now, I think I have sufficient information.
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2022, 09:31:18 PM »
Look, I wish you the best. Remember, if you decide to have a compressor built to your specs. It will be made with compressor parts only. That is it. Nothing else I have to say.
Take care,
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 01:41:34 AM by hwew »