Author Topic: Shanghai (Changchai?) 295d parts availability and looking for a manual?  (Read 13562 times)

guest23837

I can sometimes figure out alternative ways to do things or fix things mine are usually Heath Robinson affairs and probably are occasionally a little dangerous.

Boxelder

• View Profile
Thanks John, man that's a hoot!  Glort has another subscriber thanks to you.  Time to binge watch some fire videos!

guest23837

I can imagine Glort flying a single engine plane, low on fuel, full cargo of nitro glycerin and overloaded with passengers. He would laugh and say "fcuk all to be frightened of" whilst flying at tree height and at high speed. He's the man!

Boxelder

• View Profile
Another quick report back:

Scraped rust out of radiator cap neck.  Lovely.

Drained coolant.  Still green, but swampy green instead of fluorescent green.  Flushed with water.  Added EvapoRust product.  Topped up with water.  Ran for two hours no load at low-mid RPM.  Will run again twice a day for the next few days like this, as recommended on the product label.

After running, drained oil.  It looks about as you'd imagine an oil new in 2002 would look.  Extra black with lovely metallic sheen, almost like one of those fancy hot rod paints which changes reflective qualities based on the angle you're looking at it.

I'm going to run Rotella with some Lucas oil stabilizer in it unless anyone has other thoughts on the topic they'd like to share.

KC7NOA

• View Profile
Did this have a generator head? Do you have any pics of that?
Is it a common mounting? Looking like a lister compatible?

KC7NOA

• View Profile
Re: Shanghai (Changchai?) 295d parts availability and looking for a manual?
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »
bump