Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lucas RS1 Magneto Workshop Instructions  (Read 7826 times)

PaulC2702

• View Profile
Re: Lucas RS1 Magneto Workshop Instructions
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2022, 12:03:52 AM »
Hi Cobbadog. The RS1 manual you downloaded only includes specifications and parts list for RS1. What I'm looking for is a workshop manual which includes the same information and maintenance instructions as in the SR1 manual you downloaded. I assume this is what JD84 said he had available? If you or any other member has this I would appreciate it. Thanks Paul
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 12:10:55 AM by PaulC2702 »

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2022, 05:05:23 AM »
Hi Paul, the ones I posted are all I have, sorry. But they are similar in many ways just not in their looks. What specs are you looking for? Coil readings, condensor and points gap are all the same just look different.
I have not used a condensor for many years now and only use film capacitors as they are far more reliable and cheaper to buy. If you have good magnetism, clean and correctly gapped points then the next things are condensor or coil and timing of the rotor. Because Lucas can be run backwards with a slight alteration to the cam timing to the 'magnetism flux' this can slip and get out of whack.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:10:47 AM by cobbadog »
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2022, 05:17:20 AM »
Hi again Paul, As a late thought send a private message to JD84 as we don't always log into the website only when a message comes in so that might help get the manual you require a bit quicker.
If all else fails you may have to look online to find a copy of what JD84 described. In Australia there is an online shop named Plough Book Sales who sell all sorts of manuals, might be worth a look.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.