Electric starter for 6/1

<< < (3/3)

mikenash:

--- Quote from: veggie on July 13, 2022, 02:13:56 PM ---mikenash

That starter should work well.
What is the intended use for the Listeroid
Are you going off-grid?

--- End quote ---

Hi Veg, I guess so.  "Going off grid" kinda sounds like some virtue-signalling, green-wash process.  But the reality is I live somewhere with lots of sunshine hours, I live largely on my own so can please myself how I live (except when the grandkids are there, of course).  I have good skills with woodstoves, basic solar hot water and basic photovoltaic; and I'd prefer not to pay a power bill.

I have two sections and there is mains cable to the next-door one, and I could get it connected - perhaps when I get old & feeble?

But right now I get on fine with solar/woodstove/gas hob/oil-burner

When I retire to that spot full-time - perhaps in a couple of years, as I'm 65 - I'll upgrade the photovoltaic to maybe 1500W and a big LiFePo4

I'm aware that I'm not gonna be a $$-rich retiree.  So if I can avoid paying a power bill - then I will

Cheers

dieselspanner:
I'm getting worried MIke,

I think we may be psychic twins.......

Cheers
Stef

mikenash:

--- Quote from: dieselspanner on July 13, 2022, 08:05:18 PM ---I'm getting worried MIke,

I think we may be psychic twins.......

Cheers
Stef

--- End quote ---

No danger there, Stef.  I've never been to France . . .

But in 2007 I spent a chunk of time in a small, parochial village in Tuscany - up the end of a dirt-track road up into the mountains - called Eque Terme (warm water), so perhaps I can relate :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version