Puppeteer

Author Topic: PhunniPharm "Official" interest list for small purchase  (Read 4259 times)

keith71

• View Profile
Re: PhunniPharm "Official" interest list for small purchase
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 10:56:29 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:13:47 PM by keith71 »
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 10:57:26 PM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:14:08 PM by keith71 »
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 11:43:52 PM »

ZR185nm it is .. Have you decided a payment system?

I will set up a PayPal account so I can track all this separately from my personal finances.  I'll let you know details in a PM, when it is ready.
10/1 Listeroid (don't remember brand)
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2022, 11:46:58 PM »

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:54:34 AM by keith71 »
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2022, 11:48:34 PM »
I knew the minute you didnt know your ass from a hole in the ground about these engines or even the st gen heads. Your listing on facebook was a mistake. you dont live in montana. Tell everyone where you live.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2022, 11:51:49 PM »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:55:24 AM by keith71 »
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2022, 12:27:54 AM »

🎶 🎵 🎶 🎵

"Time will tell."

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:36:37 AM by 32 coupe »
Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2022, 01:05:56 AM »
I knew the minute you didnt know your ass from a hole in the ground about these engines or even the st gen heads. Your listing on facebook was a mistake. you dont live in montana. Tell everyone where you live.

LOL.

I pay precisely as much attention to Facebook as I should, which is almost none.  I haven't updated my information there in years.

You found the right account, though.  Did you actually scroll through the page a little, maybe look for my wife's account and see the stuff she posts?

I live in Helmville, Montana, out in the Garnet Mountains.

Don't know how to prove it to you, except to invite you out to meet me, but I also don't give a rip.

You can trust me, or not.  You can import engines and parts, or not.  I will import engines and parts.  Your loss.

But, riddle me this, Batman:

I have stated a goal to set up a company importing these engines as air compressors.

I want to sell air compressors to you and your friends.

I am importing stuff anyway, so thought I could build up some good will by helping to coordinate a small group buy of engines and parts.

What purpose would it serve, for me to try to scam someone?  Money?  I make enough of that with my computer programming job.

Would that further my stated goals of importing these machines and selling them as a sideline?

Suit yourself.

My first instinct is to say, "You know what, screw it."  But, that would not further my goals of making a decent name for myself.  "Don't be vindictive", I say to myself.  So, if you want to reconsider and buy engines and parts, the offer is still open.  If not, well, again... Suit yourself.  Not doing extra work to help you out, is no skin off my nose.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 01:23:31 AM by PhunniPharm »
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2022, 01:47:31 AM »
Ok guys, I've been sitting back watching how this would play out. These days scammers are everywhere. I would be very  careful giving out information to anyone here that is not well known.
If anyone is close to him and wants an engine they should personally wait for him to get the engines in and then drive there to check things out. Do not pay in advance until the engines are seen and checked out in person. And look out for deserted places.
Meet at a legit buisness or home address.

PhunniPharm, we dont know you. I would reccomend that you get in touch with the administrator and have a background check done. The people on this forum have the right to know who they are dealing with.

If you are legit and honest, than people might start trusting you. But, the way I see it, you have lots to prove to be cleared to try to sell air compressors here.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 02:15:34 AM by hwew »

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2022, 01:54:12 AM »
PhunniPharm, we dont know you. I would reccomend that you get in touch with the administrator and have a background and credit check done. The people on this forum have the right to know who they are dealing with.

If you are legit than people might start trusting you. But, the way I see it you have lots to prove to be cleared to try to sell air compressors here.

I can respect that.  Who's an admin?

I lost a business years ago (beer bar in a sawmill town in Missouri, if that matters), and never monkeyed much with the banking or credit systems since.  I paid off 40 acres and built a cabin with cash in hand.  My credit is crap.

I'm open to a background check, or whatever.
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2022, 02:01:17 AM »
Do not pay in advance until the engines are seen and checked out in person.

There's the rub.  I'm buying my own engines for import, along with jar lids and other stuff.  I'm not buying anyone else's.

I'm happy to jump through hoops or whatever, to prove I'm legit, but I'm not coming out of pocket to buy engines I don't personally need (want, is a different matter).

And look out for deserted places.

Powell County, Montana, is populated at somewhat less than 2 people per square mile.  I think it is a little crowded, nowadays.  I live in a deserted place...

Meet at a legit buisness or home address.

Sound advice, anyway, and I would have it no other way, either.  I might even grow to like some of you, sometime in the future.  I still wouldn't want someone I didn't know well to come up to my place.
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2022, 02:34:17 AM »

I admit I have been skeptical about this whole thing.

The thing is we have seen this before, even as far as guys "stocking" engines, and what we have seen is that
the sales just don't "weigh out".  The "market" just isn't there.

The big thing in my mind is the shipping. I see those 1115 engines on the web from China in the $260 price
range. But the question is what does it cost to get it to me in Florida ? I mean if you live in Montana and are
able to get them to you for anywhere near that price I bet it's at least twice that to get it across the country.

I do wish you the best. If you are able to work things out and provide engines I would consider a couple for
myself. Again, the deal killer would probibly be the shipping.

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2022, 03:17:34 AM »
I admit I have been skeptical about this whole thing.
Not nearly as skeptical as I am about it, at this point.

The thing is we have seen this before, even as far as guys "stocking" engines, and what we have seen is that
the sales just don't "weigh out".  The "market" just isn't there.
But, is that because nobody has sold "air compressors"?

Selling diesel engines is one thing.  The potential customer base knows they're illegal to import qua Diesel engines, and who wants to hassle with something that's just going to cause problems sooner or later?  Take what you can get, when you can get it, and curse the EPA on message boards.  The pent-up demand moves slowly, because why make plans and risk it?

I want to try to square the circle, if I can.  The compressor conversion parts are laughably simple, and I'm willing to work with (and pay a reasonable fee for) a shop to prototype the parts.  That's my gamble.  The other part of that gamble is this question:  If the supply was available legally, by the simple expedient of removing the air compressor widgets and reinstalling the fuel system, would pent-up demand for the engines find its supply?  What kind of mark-up would the market yield, without trading on the "gray market" exclusivity of the product?

The big thing in my mind is the shipping. I see those 1115 engines on the web from China in the $260 price
range. But the question is what does it cost to get it to me in Florida ? I mean if you live in Montana and are
able to get them to you for anywhere near that price I bet it's at least twice that to get it across the country.
My experience with that has already been that the Alibaba sellers use $260 as an opening bid.  By the time you get what you're actually looking for, you'll spend 1.5x or 2x what their list price is.  You decide then whether the bad taste in your mouth is worth it or not.  If I can import a few, yeah, the cost won't be $260 or whatever someone lists on Alibaba.  It should also not be the $2195 or whatever the guy in Canada (someone selling pellet mills or some such...) charges for LD1115s he brought in and stocks as compressors.

I paid $2500 for a large trailer full of stuff to come from Seattle and up to my farm.  The freight for my batteries was $1300 or so from Seattle to the nearby town.  Nothing is cheap.  I'm paying the freight to bring stuff from Seattle to here, anyway, so bringing in engines whose freight has been at least somewhat paid for is a natural thing.  I'd drop them at Fastenal on a trip to town after I'd gotten them sorted, for the final leg.  Their rates aren't bad, last I checked.  Even with the 30% markup, I'm still probably a few bucks down, over all.  That was why I figured it would be reasonably cheap (but not free) advertising, of sorts.

Until we can build robots to make toys like this here, for us, because humans here sure ain't gonna do it, you have to decide whether the price is worth it.  The goods are literally coming from half a world away, so that has to be built into the cost structure, and adjusted into the mindset.

I do wish you the best. If you are able to work things out and provide engines I would consider a couple for
myself. Again, the deal killer would probibly be the shipping.
I appreciate the well-wishing, truly.

Now... Here's the question I have, though...

You say you'd buy engines if I was able to provide them.  I can't provide engines on a regular basis, because it's a little bit illegal to do so, apparently.  I could potentially provide air compressors, legally and on a consistent basis, in the future.

I'm importing catch-as-catch-can, to fill corners before the S truly HTF.  I'm one of those guys.  I'm hoping to find a softish landing selling reasonably-priced, human-scale ag machines to my fellow countrymen, so they can try to keep eating when the depths of the coming economic depression are really plumbed.  Call me a visionary, or deranged.  That's what I foresee.  I'd like to be able to help others help themselves, while also helping me along some, too.  You gotta start somewhere, eh?

The point is, well, there probably isn't a point...  I can't take a bath on the air compressors, and I certainly won't get rich, but is there a market for them, if they can be brought in legally and sold in commerce, and if a small stock of spares can be cached here?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:25:17 AM by PhunniPharm »
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2022, 01:14:53 PM »
My opinion, justified or not is this.
You are not going to find takers for your deal as it has been presented. As was stated in the very beginning there have been others before you that petered out at various stages.. If you want to sell engines. Get them here, price them FOB wherever you are. Stocking and selling them is the risk you take in the venture.

Collector and horder of about anything diesel

PhunniPharm

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2022, 04:07:34 PM »
My opinion, justified or not is this.
You are not going to find takers for your deal as it has been presented. As was stated in the very beginning there have been others before you that petered out at various stages.. If you want to sell engines. Get them here, price them FOB wherever you are. Stocking and selling them is the risk you take in the venture.

You're probably right.

I withdraw my offer to help others import.  I'll get my own, this round.

Good day, gents.

Incidentally, do you think this kind of attitude keeps people from even trying to make the situation better?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 04:37:42 PM by PhunniPharm »
2x Laidong LD1115
Houfeng HF160 air-cooled
2x Houfeng 2105a
3x JSD1800
2x Z170F + 2x Z180F