Author Topic: Price for a complete SR3 marine package?  (Read 1021 times)

Oldboat

• View Profile
Price for a complete SR3 marine package?
« on: June 12, 2022, 05:26:11 AM »
 Hello,
I have a running, air-cooled, 1960’s, 19.5hp, Lister SR3 with a gear box and exhaust and a genuine Lister air cowling. It’s not pretty but it’s a runner.
I need help putting a price on it. I think I can sell it locally as a generator, but It’d be nice to see it all go into another boat. Can anyone help me with a ballpark price range of what this might be worth?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 05:49:08 AM by Oldboat »

cobbadog

• View Profile
Re: Price for a complete SR3 marine package?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 12:27:27 PM »
What RPM is it rated at? Some generators run at a higher speed than say an engine designed to pump water.My 8HP runs 300 RPM higher as it is for a genset.
Priceing anything now is crazy. Here in Oz we are going through a few things that are welding shut wallets for spending on toys and this means prices will have to drop a lot to sell. This is why I am sitting on my engine until next year at least before selling.
Price also will depend on being able to show the buyer it does start and run. So clean it up as best you can and look around online on the usual auction sites to see if engines are selling and for what price. Asking prices are just the beginning of the bargaining process.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

Oldboat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 05:21:56 AM »
Thanks for the reply - appreciate it. I will hang on to it until someone needs it. Cheers

Oldboat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 06:43:30 PM »
 :) Here’s a recent YouTube video I took of the engine running:

https://youtu.be/_iuQVL9zf-Q

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 11:39:18 AM »
Nice one. Good luck with the sale and hope it goes soon.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.