Puppeteer

Author Topic: head gaskets  (Read 1193 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
head gaskets
« on: April 27, 2022, 01:37:29 AM »
Bought four CS head gaskets from the nice Gaskets-to-go chap

They look like a great bit of work

ChevellRCR

• View Profile
Re: head gaskets
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 12:58:28 PM »
Just curious.  How much were they?   Quality?

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 06:35:38 AM »
Hi ChevellRCR  I won't know about quality until one is fitted and has done some hours

But this gentleman, John, from Gaskets-to-go (check him out at www.gasketstogo.com)  has a very good reputation.  I actually dealt mostly with his sister - who does some of the selling I think?  Excellent service from both of them.  It's in the nature of his work that most of his transactions are small - and it wouldn't have surprised me if they didn't want to communicate much for small-$$ transactions.  But that wasn't the case at all - they were great

Price was around $18USD each I think?  I'm down in New Zealand - I think it probably cost me about $100 or $120NZD for four of them delivered

I had a CS with a leak in the head - but with recent running it no longer seems to be leaking, so I may not fit one any time very soon.  That said, I may have jinxed it and it'll leak tomorrow

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 11:54:05 PM »
 ChevellRCR & mikenash

I am using Gaskets-to-go head gaskets on both my Lister and listeroid 6/1s.
Very good quality, as OEM automotive gaskets.
Mine have been in service for a lot of hours, no problems,
Cannot comment on cost, as it has been a few years, but they were very reasonable considering their quality and that they are trouble free. Gaskets-to-go will also make custom gaskets if you have a drawing or pattern.
Cheers
Hugh
JKSON6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1963 BMW R-27 project