How to / DIY > Engines

Lister HR3 Bryce fuel pump help

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bfinney87:
Lol I’m having a helluva time with that dang motor. Finally got the parts I needed to finish the other fuel pump rebuild and was putting it together and the snap ring that holds the piston at the bottom of the pump flew out and I can’t find it. Lol spent 3 hrs looking for it. So gonna order a couple of them. Parts take forever to get here too.

cobbadog:
You should be able to buy snap rings at the local bearing shop. Once back together,  bleed the fuel all the wy back through the fuel system from tank, filter, pumps to the injector. By doing this you eliminate having to crank the engine over for ages before being able to start up. I like to use my decompresion lever to hand crank it over to get a bit of momentum then drop the lever and away it goes.

Bfinney87:
Okay sounds good I will. I have the pump loaded up gonna take it to a bearing store this week.

Bfinney87:
Well I got the other fuel pump working. It’s not popping from the injector it spraying. Wanted to test it out. But now I’m not able to hand crank it cause of the compression. I think the rings might have seated. When I push all the compression levels down I can turn it but I have no compression.

Bfinney87:
Is that normal for that high of compression you can’t even crank it with a handle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version