Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Top quality Listeroid exporter

<< < (2/4) > >>

38ac:
Bob, If they keep sending this much sand here India will soon be below sea level!

32 coupe:
When I did my Ashwamegh 25/2 I did the same procedure and ended up with
about 1/2 cup of sand and slag......the noise and dirt......good times !

I brushed on a heavy coat of white Rustoleum and have been quite happy with
the results through the years.

mikenash:
We had a pump impellor (Chinese casting) at work recently that we took out of service as - when we disassembled the pump to repair some unrelated damage - it was porous.  It had hundreds of small porosities in it; and I would guess it was coated and wiped with body-filler or some such before being painted, boxed, getting the "QC Passed" sticker on the outside, and exported

keith71:

--- Quote from: 38ac on March 31, 2022, 10:24:00 PM ---Yessiree I have finaly located that Listeroid "manufacturer" with good engines. Customer left one here to be checked over. Literature says ISO 9001 manufacturer of top quality agricultural equipment, quanteed no sand and correctly assembled.  ;D  ;D ;D
Check out the garbage in this twin block! last pic is a pile of sand and slag I removed in about 20 minutes with a needle scaler, about 100 times what it would take to ruin the engine. Plus the oil pump intake was completely covered by a slipped core and casting flash.  This engine would have been toast in 30 minutes or less. People often ask, is it realy necessary to take them all the way down?? You all be the judge.

--- End quote ---

As far as I can tell not really a surprise or big deal anymore. Been this way since GeorgrB started importing them many years back. As the saying goes it is like putting steak sauce on dog shit. And they want top dollar here for these things lol.
                                                                                                                                                                                I am sure glad a few other fella's on another forum warned me about these roids being overly hyped up about nothing. And can do alot better with most of the newer 2-3 cylinder diesel engines out there, for cleaner,cheaper to run and maintain. Plus last more hours. jmo.                                                                                                                                     
 Happy I did not ending up shelling out $2500-$4000 for one brand new. Ya I can clean the sand and slag out of them easy enough. But if they are that careless when building them in India,  then there is probably even more wrong with them.

38ac:

--- Quote from: keith71 on April 02, 2022, 03:03:52 AM ---                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Happy I did not ending up shelling out $2500-$4000 for one brand new. Ya I can clean the sand and slag out of them easy enough. But if they are that careless when building them in India,  then there is probably even more wrong with them.

--- End quote ---

Back when they were importing a lot of them the quality was more than a little bit better and they cost $550, thus a person could invest some time and effort in one. These days a person can import a CS from England or find one for sale here for less money than a Listeroid. I imported 3 6/1 engines 2 years ago and they were all sold before they left port over there. You are correct that if one is simple enough to tear one down to remove the sand and slap it back together without correcting the other issues then he has wasted both his time and his money.  There seems to be a curiosity about them as people still buy them, some knowing the issues and sone not. This engine is the first recently imported one I have had through the shop in 6-8 years, all the others were either N.O.S or used.  They can be built into good engines, its just not justifiable financially these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version