Puppeteer

Author Topic: Another one going back to work  (Read 535 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Another one going back to work
« on: August 14, 2023, 12:42:52 AM »
This reconditioned Lister VA is being delivered tomorrow to a new owner. When I wrote it in my book it was #60. With no bragging intended that stat amazed me as thus "buisiness" I find myself in was not intentional at first. What began as a search for a stand by generator for my home in 2009 lead me to Listeroids and this site, which by the way was in turmoil at the time. In turn I found a 6HP Metro and a 1115 for my home generation plant. The Metro was very shoddy, I took it down, cleaned it and balanced it. The engines became a hobby and I found state side sources of Lister CS engines when everyone said there wasn't any. And then on from a hobby to performing a few rebuilds for others, then actually stocking parts.
Shop work is becoming more work than I want, but its my fault.  This VA has been in line for 7 years. There are about 10 other Listers and Bamford sitting here and 6HP Lister CS coming here next week, all will be for sale when rebuilt.  Bamfords have become a big deal as of late as I have most of the known parts supply either OEM or what I have had reproduced. Wife says when are you going to slow down????, your supposed to be retired!!  I told her as long as I enjoy it.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Re: Another one going back to work
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 01:43:45 AM »

Nice job !!! Keep on rolling  :)
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
Re: Another one going back to work
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 02:30:07 AM »
Cool, very nice job! Also good to see the interest continue, as these old engines do have a viable place as back up power sources.
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence