How to / DIY > Engines

SR2 starter replacement

(1/28) > >>

KC7NOA:
I'm wondering if anyone has replaced a sr2 starter from ebay, like this one ..

Sold by dB electric
Giving a part number of SLU0034

cobbadog:
Cant see an image to say if it will or not not know what part of the world your at as Ebay is worldwide and numbers wont match up.

Best thing to do is to ask the Seller that way you are covered if he says it will fit your engine and it doesn't then he is responsible.

Have you tried to do a conversion from Lucas part number to after market stuff?

listard-jp2:
I can see the image:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=133970436456&_sacat=0

Yes from the picture, that looks to be what to be what your looking for.

However, be aware of the following:

1) Ensure the direction of rotation of the starter motor is correct, as Lister's definition of direction of rotation has caught many people over the years (NOTE! If your engine serial number has SR2A, the A indicates anti clockwise rotation)

2), You will need a spacer to go between the starter motor and bell housing, like so:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265239226729?hash=item3dc17d6969:g:evoAAOSwdjVg-bIX

This is for the HA series that use the Lucas CA45 starter motor, but the general shape is very similar to the SR engine.

3), Finaly confirm that the number of teeth on the bendix is correct.

KC7NOA:
Looks like the tooth count is correct, but the cut on the leading edge -- the part that would hit the motor flywheel , are cut opposite than what the original is ...
When i get home ill be able to give some power to the new starter and verify rotation .. but i do not have high hopes that it is correct ...

cobbadog:
So it sounds as if you have bought the starter motor and and now you havea concern about its direction of rotation. If it is wrong then a message to the Seller should be able to sort that out but you will have to freight the starter back to him at your cost, usually, but that is a small price to pay to get the right starter.
Do you think the Seller will have the adaptor as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version