General Category > General Discussion

one of the early members has gone to the lord

<< < (2/3) > >>

dax021:
RIP Quinn, I didn't know you, but you were obviously highly respected

Hugh Conway:
I never met Quinn, but had the pleasure of corresponding with him years ago. Quinn wrote a couple of articles on the tear-down and re-assembly of a Power Solutions listeroid and sent them me to proof-read them before publication. I think that was in 2013 or thereabouts. I can now only locate the "Beta Tester part 1".
He wrote a few articles for George Breckenridge's Utterpower site as well. Those were earlier still, long before I even knew anything about listeroids.
Here are a couple of links that still work
https://www.utterpower.com/kit_engine2.htm
https://www.utterpower.com/kit_engines3.htm
There is a lot of good information and photos in those links, and they are now all that I have except the Beta Tester pdf
I can recall some photos of him working in his ever-so-clean shop in bare feet.
Quinn was a great guy and was always willing to share his experience. In reading his obit, there is a bit about his interest in sailing. We lived and sailed in the same area way back when, maybe we met then, and never realized it in our later correspondence.
R.I.P. Quinn
We'll miss you Mr. Farnes

BruceM:
I only knew Quin from his early Listeroid rebuild pioneering and posts.  They were always something I enjoyed and appreciated as a retired engineer (EE/CS).  He was exceptionally capable and wrote like a professional.  After reading his obituary I  wish I'd been able to meet him and know him better.  Quin had some serious breadth and depth of knowledge.
I'm saddened that his retirement was way, way too short.

mikenash:
Over and over I see good skills being lost as men get old and die.  I suppose it's kinda self-policing - if there was still a market for older skill-sets maybe someone would still be deploying them?  It took me quite a while recently to find someone to weld-repair a cracked pump-housing casting recently.  Maybe soon we'll just replace not repair.  A sad day

mobile_bob:
it makes me happy that so many of you guys remember Quinn
there is hardly a day goes by that i don't think of him.

he belonged to an email group that includes me,  so i got to correspond with him
several times a week for the last 8 or 10 years.

i talked to him on the phone about a month before he went to the big shop in the sky, and wish i had taken more time to give him a call.

as a christian i am told that God has a plan, but darn it just doesn't  seem fair that he was taken so soon.

oh well, i bet he is building a new shop for all of us to enjoy when the time comes.

thanks for the memories guys

bob g

IMQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version