Puppeteer

Author Topic: Chrstmas 2021  (Read 1694 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
Chrstmas 2021
« on: December 18, 2021, 08:25:31 PM »
Hi guys

We've had a couple of tough years in 2020 and 2021 worldwide in many ways

I guess lots of us are of an age where we have children and grandchildren all over the place - and it looks as if the new covid variant is spreading just in time for Christmas in many countries

Just wanted to say I hope everyone's families are safe and well over the holidays.  Cheers

cobbadog

• View Profile
Re: Chrstmas 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:42:49 AM »
Thank you for your kind thoughts and no doubt all member and guests here wish you and your Family and friends a happy and safe Festive Season.
We will be stayi ng at home but my eldest Sister is comming up for the day which is always a great time together. Yes kids, grand kids and now up 3 great grandkids all live away so wil not see them at all this year but as we are retiring early next year we will go north and cross the border to annoy them as that is what we call 'getting even'.
Yes, the new variant of Covid is spreading like wild fire here in Australia and it is Summer here when everyone is mostly out doors but the younger population go out to the clubs and bars and it just explodes the numbers. Fortunately Australia is around 95% vaccinated with booster shots being offered up and we will be getting our boosters next month. So it may well be the case of masks and signing in and out of shops and places to try and manage it better. There has not been many reports of deaths due to this latest Covid but there has been one or two that I am aware of.

Stay safe everyone and always keep an eye out for your next project.
Merry Christmas from Cobba & Cobbarette.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »
I don't know what you all were vaccinated with over there but they have announced here that the various vac jabs have little effect on the newest mutation. It just goes on and and on and on
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 04:42:25 AM »
Thank you for your kind thoughts and no doubt all member and guests here wish you and your Family and friends a happy and safe Festive Season.
We will be stayi ng at home but my eldest Sister is comming up for the day which is always a great time together. Yes kids, grand kids and now up 3 great grandkids all live away so wil not see them at all this year but as we are retiring early next year we will go north and cross the border to annoy them as that is what we call 'getting even'.
Yes, the new variant of Covid is spreading like wild fire here in Australia and it is Summer here when everyone is mostly out doors but the younger population go out to the clubs and bars and it just explodes the numbers. Fortunately Australia is around 95% vaccinated with booster shots being offered up and we will be getting our boosters next month. So it may well be the case of masks and signing in and out of shops and places to try and manage it better. There has not been many reports of deaths due to this latest Covid but there has been one or two that I am aware of.

Stay safe everyone and always keep an eye out for your next project.
Merry Christmas from Cobba & Cobbarette.

Cool.  Since we have the privilege of both living on islands we have hard borders - so we have options, or at least we should have.  Atm we're just trying to contain it at the managed isolation stations long enough to see what works/doesn't work elsewhere in the world.

"good luck" all round :)

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 05:35:09 AM »
Aussies initially got the astra zennica as the first and most popular option then came the Pfizer followed by the Moderna. We got the AZ x2 and are booked in for the booster next February which will be Moderna.
Yep the new "Irish version as I call it" the O'Micron is far more contagious  but far less harmful. Very few needs for hospital and even far less deaths. It is at the moment being trated like a bad cold so we are told not o worry as much. Now being old now days we still wear a mask when out at the shops etc so should be good. Also living in Rural area also reduces the risks.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 07:30:45 PM »
I had the Pfizer here last spring and booster last month. There is much more resistance to the health mandates here in the states. About 55% vaccinated and most areas are free of mask and gathering restrictions,  large metropolitan areas being the exceptions.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 10:29:37 AM »
One minute the Pollies say there will be no more restrictions which usually means that very soon there will be some bought back. We dont mind wearing a mask when in shopping centres and places like that where there are many people close together. But out in the parks we are less strict on ourselves and as odd as it sounds we do ask if some of our visitors have been in hot spots and a relative recently back from Singapore has been Covid tested evry 3rd day and all clear.
It does come to a stage where we must take charge of our own health and since we retire next month we want to travell a lot with our caravan so will be even more careful the places we visit.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 03:53:42 PM »
merry Christmas to all, and my hope is we all stay healthy
all the best from my family to yours

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2021, 11:26:30 PM »
Cheers Bob, same back to you and your Family