Author Topic: injector washer size - of 6/1  (Read 1949 times)

tyssniffen

• View Profile
injector washer size - of 6/1
« on: December 04, 2021, 01:57:43 AM »
anyone know how to describe - that is, the specs - of the copper washer for the injector?  I know I need a new one, and I'd like to get a batch, and I'd like to do it without taking the current one out. 
also, anyone have a source?
6/1 with 2 tank for WVO.  pushing power into off-grid house battery bank, in winter.

38ac

• View Profile
Re: injector washer size - of 6/1
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »
I don't have one on front of me to measure but you can go to Harbor Freight and find the copper washer assortment, it has a size that fits perfect and you get quite a few. Or I can measure one when I am next in the shop.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

tyssniffen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 06:03:05 AM »
I don’t get to Harbor Freight often enough. I could use the measurements if you can find the time.
6/1 with 2 tank for WVO.  pushing power into off-grid house battery bank, in winter.

tyssniffen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »
So, hey, happy winter gen running season everyone.  And happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

wanted to come here and ask why the heck I was seeing diesel *pooling* around my injector - talk about bad fuel economy!  and then remembered that I had put in a new copper washer (the one that was the closest size from the variety pack from Harbor Freight) and thought that was the only change from last year.
I did in fact keep my old washer and put that back in, but that didn't seem to stop the excess fuel.   Like I'm seeing a teaspoon of diesel up around the injector after about an hour of run time. 

Is this just a washer problem? something else?  everything else seems fine.  The fuel is NOT coming out of the injector joints or weep spot (I have a tube connected to that)

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 06:38:50 PM »
Its not the washer or it would be blowing compression up past the injector. Most likely is the nut that retains the nozzle has lossened or you have a drip from the line running down.
The Harbor Freight washers are standard equipment on the injectors I work on.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 01:00:30 AM »
I don’t get to Harbor Freight often enough. I could use the measurements if you can find the time.
  Mine measure 9/16 id and a hair larger than 3/4'' od on mine  or   14.2mm id  19.4mm od.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

tyssniffen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 05:02:02 PM »
Most likely is the nut that retains the nozzle has lossened or you have a drip from the line running down.
The Harbor Freight washers are standard equipment on the injectors I work on.

ok, I'll go triple check - you mean the inlet pipe from the fuel line, right?  that does unthread.  The weep nozzle thing doesn't, does it?  (you don't really need to respond, as I'll find out after this mornings running)

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 01:45:48 AM »
watch up top for a drip, if it isnt dripping from the line or the threaded adapter into the injector it has to be leaking from the body/tip junction who h is secured by the nut on the bottom of the injector, you have to remove the injector to check it.

tyssniffen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 05:03:26 PM »
well, now you're confusing me.    so, I'm running her this morning after changing the tubing - in case it was simply old plastic getting loser.  So we'll see if that simple.

But check out attachment. looks like there's 4 options for leaks on this injector.   Mine does not have a gap/opening at #4  - it's a single unit.  But which spot do you think it might be leaking from?
I would call them:
#1: supply line in
#2: weep line threads
#3: weep line nipple
#4: top threads (which I don't have)

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 12:47:15 AM »
No way I can know where it's leaking, Look ???
If its not leaking at the line connection or return kine connection then it has to be leaking at the bottom. The tip is retained by a nut and can leak there.

tyssniffen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2022, 05:09:14 AM »
No way I can know where it's leaking, Look ???
I was just asking for your naming conventions. I didn't understand what you were calling what. 

I took it apart and found that at some point I had crushed one of 2 the little pipes, creating a big gush everywhere - including out the 'weep hole' thing, which I was able to catch.  see attached for my stupidity evidence.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2022, 07:13:40 PM »
No stupidity on that Injector, its not hard to do. The 16/2 currently in my shop came from a "rebuilder" and both injectors were ruined in a similar manner.