Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Twin...SLOW SLOW speed....?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tanman:
I have a similar question to this, I have a 12/2. But really only need 4kw of power out of it at any given time. I'm assuming there would be less fuel consumption and wear If I built it to run continuously at (guessing) 450rpm ish? My other idea was to remove the second piston, rod, and pushrods and run it as a single at the regular 650rpm.

38ac:
Slowing a 12/2 down to 500 RPM makes it a 10/2. Using the 2HP to 1 KW rule of thumb you would have a 80% loading at 4KW, which is ideal IMO.
If you decide to remove one rod and piston be sure to have a camera set up and share video the first time you start it!! 😆

veggie:

--- Quote from: Hugh Conway on December 01, 2021, 04:30:08 AM ---BTW, I once removed the inspection door while running at very low speed. I can tell you that oil does get flung about quite a bit, even at low RPM............took me hours to get cleaned up!

--- End quote ---

Hugh,
That is useful information for us low speed runners.
Thanks very much for sacrificing one of your favourite T-shirts to get that info  ;D

cheers

Tanman:

--- Quote from: 38ac on December 01, 2021, 10:58:39 AM ---Slowing a 12/2 down to 500 RPM makes it a 10/2. Using the 2HP to 1 KW rule of thumb you would have a 80% loading at 4KW, which is ideal IMO.
If you decide to remove one rod and piston be sure to have a camera set up and share video the first time you start it!! 😆

--- End quote ---

Lol, well that answers that question.

38ac:
Back when the debate was on as how to orient the dipper on a Listeroid I posted that one doesnt need to guess or do any more than run the engine for a minute, shut it off and remove the crankcase door,, warning! have LOTS of rags handy! The amount of oil slung around in these engines at normal RPMs is tremendous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version