Puppeteer

Author Topic: JP3 Lister  (Read 1861 times)

BiggCheese777

• View Profile
JP3 Lister
« on: November 27, 2021, 07:20:51 PM »
Hello and Greetings, My name is Mark and I'm looking for a JP3 Lister and someone that can help me ship it to the United States, I live in Washington State in the town of Port Orchard, I am looking for an engine too use as a gen/charging setup, I have never owned a Lister but have always read and heard only the best about them for years, I have 30+ years as diesel mechanic and 10+ years as a machinist and gunsmith, The engine would need to be tore down to shippable parts to be imported here, then I will need to find any manuals and parts as well as gaskets and seals to overhaul/rebuild the unit, If anyone can help me with my quest I would be very pleased, thank you all very much for your time and efforts in this matter...

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: JP3 Lister
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 06:59:13 AM »
If you like a challenge, then this could be for you:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275048003511?hash=item400a2377b7:g:EgMAAOSwlglhnhL8

However, be aware that genuine JP spares are next to near non existent in your part of the world, and you will most likely need to source parts from India.

Whilst the JP engine is far more robust than its CS relative, it has always been an engine for people with deep pockets, due to the supply of genuine spares largely now been concentrated in the hands of a few UK based dealers.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 06:54:18 PM by listard-jp2 »

BiggCheese777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 06:11:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, have seen this post before and it does have my interest, I will look into it and see where it goes, take care and have a great day...

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 07:10:05 PM »
/\ Indeed it was on ebay last week, but it's back again and this time it is a 100 GBP cheaper. If the price keeps dropping I might be tempted myself, for more spares for my own JP2 engines.

The 3 cylinder lump looks to have worn through the chrome plated cylinder liners at TDC, also note the hole in the side of the cylinder head on the 3 cylinder engine, that is for a cylinder head mounted water pump.

FYI: As these are genuine Lister engine, no need to have them stripped down for import in the USA, as they predate the EPA ban under 'Grand father rights'

BiggCheese777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 02:26:02 AM »
not as of 2009, all lister and listeroids and all other vintage engines need to have heads removed and shipped as diesel parts to be imported, heads need to be shipped in separate crate, I talked to EPA office and was told this, no more grandfather clause...

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 01:37:18 AM »
Somebody at the EPA is missinformed.  There are lots of antique engines going both ways and none are being disassembled other than size or weight retrictions. I have personally imported several and just last spring a friend and  I imported a full  container of pre ban and antique diesel engines from England and no dissasembly was needed on them.
 I am not arguing that you were told this at the EPA but it isn't correct. Copy of regs attached. The cut off date is 2006 for excempt engines.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 12:39:56 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 07:00:02 AM »
Its back again, and just got another 50 GBP cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275056694043

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 06:57:10 PM »

Its back yet again, and just got another 50 GBP cheaper.

Now £600 GBP

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275066832942