Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

What factors make it durable?

(1/3) > >>

bigbad:
I like this forum - like the way you folks think.  Am I in trouble?   ;D

What makes them so durable?  The mass of the block?  Slow speed?  Dual pulleys to even the load?

veggie:

--- Quote from: bigbad on October 29, 2021, 03:21:15 PM ---What makes them so durable?  The mass of the block?  Slow speed?  Dual pulleys to even the load?

--- End quote ---

All of the above. Especially the slow speed and low horsepower.

cujet:

--- Quote from: bigbad on October 29, 2021, 03:21:15 PM ---I like this forum - like the way you folks think.  Am I in trouble?   ;D

What makes them so durable?  The mass of the block?  Slow speed?  Dual pulleys to even the load?

--- End quote ---

In the end, I'm not sure the Indian Listeroids are all that durable when compared to the lifespan of a quality modern engine. They are primitive and simple designs, extremely easy to repair, modify, improve, and are tolerant of a great many alternative fuels without much risk to (modern) expensive fuel injectors and pumps.  I'm using waste Jet-A as the fuel in mine. They love it.

But to say that a Listeroid with it's open pushrods, cast iron cylinder liner, cast iron piston rings and non pressure lubricated bearings is somehow capable of lasting many hours longer than modern engines is not really correct. It would be interesting to know who has the highest number of hours, without major repairs!

My engines do not have a huge number of hours on them, but they were both used post hurricanes for many weeks. They held up fine, sipped fuel, were quiet, pleasant and so on.

Here is my late friend Bob showing off his creation. An engine I ended up with.

https://youtu.be/a7Kz7uFOm84

mobile_bob:
its been a very long time since i have seen rocketboy mentioned, i assume that he is your friend bob?

wow, what happened to him?

his setup is so pretty, so well detailed.  he gets a pile of points for that.

bob g

cujet:

--- Quote from: mobile_bob on October 29, 2021, 11:51:17 PM ---its been a very long time since i have seen rocketboy mentioned, i assume that he is your friend bob?

wow, what happened to him?

his setup is so pretty, so well detailed.  he gets a pile of points for that.

bob g

--- End quote ---

I sent a PM, let me know if received.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version