Author Topic: I bought some interesting origional Lister Parts to put on the Ashwamegh  (Read 3308 times)

Reno Speedster

• View Profile
I came across a guy selling some Lister parts in England and I bought a couple of things including an origional cam cover complete with all the levers and plungers, including an extra one oposite the fuel pump which operates the oil pump,  and a complete oil pump.  If all is well, these should bolt right up and give me the ability to run an oil pump and oil filter.  I will have to make a couple of lugs to properly locate the oil pump, but this shouldn't be too hard.  I'm thinking of putting the oil back in through the bolt hole over the bearing on the far end of the cam which should solve its oiling problems rather nicely.   Now the trick is to get the parts shipped from England (way more expensive than the parts).  I'll see if I can do comparitive photos when I get the parts.

I also got a chance to see a picture of an origional Lister Radiator used on engines by the British postal system.  From what I could tell it mounted on the water outlet side of the engine (I think from the two littlle flats cast on that side of the case) and made a neet little package.  I'm not sure I would want to do it that way (especially with the radiator in the powerhouse)  but I will have to think it over a bit more.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday season, I'm freezing my tucas off in Maine for a few more days before heading home to "The Silver State."  I can't wait to get home and get back to work on the engine shed and the engine.

Morgan

hotater

• View Profile
Re: I bought some interesting origional Lister Parts to put on the Ashwamegh
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »
H ow'd I miss this post   ???

I'm really anxious to see the difference in the cam cover and governor linkage... GOOD haul!!
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Reno Speedster

• View Profile
Re: I bought some interesting origional Lister Parts to put on the Ashwamegh
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »
Well, I finaly got the total price on these things.  The parts were $36 but the shipping was a hair over $100!  The English postal system seems to be a bit pricey!  Still I would have paid $140 for these parts if I found them in a shop so I'm not complaining.  I'm just looking forward to their arrival.

Morgan