Author Topic: Mystery engine?  (Read 5113 times)

cobbadog

• View Profile
Re: Mystery engine?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 07:19:46 AM »
If you intend to cover that lovely set up in, I would put a sheet metal cover over the top and then a wire mesh around the sides to allow full free flow air for cooling.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2021, 05:33:38 PM »
Right now I’m not too far off what you described, I have a small inverter 2k watts, a battery bank with 3k inverter (solar), and now this 12/2 with an St-10, now it’s just time to make the systems work together for my needs.
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

guest18

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »
If you intend to cover that lovely set up in, I would put a sheet metal cover over the top and then a wire mesh around the sides to allow full free flow air for cooling.

I’m thinking of a couple options. But both will have blowers and fans drawing high volumes of air in the enclosure, generator head inlet and wall mounted radiator. The exhaust will be plumbed to the outside of the enclosure. The current to run the blower and fan could be around 3 amps @ 120 volts. And that is ok. The goal is to get the air temperature inside the enclosure close to air temperature outside the enclosure. But on very cold winters the inside air temperature can be controlled with dampers.

guest18

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 07:16:58 PM »
Right now I’m not too far off what you described, I have a small inverter 2k watts, a battery bank with 3k inverter (solar), and now this 12/2 with an St-10, now it’s just time to make the systems work together for my needs.

Sounds good,