Puppeteer

Author Topic: So,, how long have these been available???  (Read 2376 times)

38ac

• View Profile
So,, how long have these been available???
« on: July 14, 2021, 11:50:44 AM »
One of these showed up for sale locally. 196CC 3HP diesel. I thought the EPA banned the small diesels? Anyway I  searched them a bit and found they are on eBay and Amazon and if you shop a bit, just over $200. For that kind of money I ordered one just to play with.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

guest18

Re: So,, how long have these been available???
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
Same bore and stroke as a Honda GX200 engine.

Splash Lubed.

It would be interesting to see the internals.

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 10:22:47 PM »
That's really cool, for that price I'll probably order one up too. Are they shipping directly from china or u.s. based stock? The ones I found were 6hp and some said they were being shipped from California.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 10:27:55 PM by Tanman »
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 10:19:52 PM »
The one I ordered on fleabay said New Jersey location but no matter, you can bet that either NJ or Ca. is  drop point for an overseas shipment and they are coming directly from China.
I plan to set up a test stand and a load, probably a fan and give the thing a durability test. My guess is if it lasts 10 hours with a heavy but not full rack load  that they will run a while.  Not much metal there as compared to an L48 Yanmar that's for sure.

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 03:38:32 PM »
Here’s another guy that snuck an interesting gem by watching eBay listings.

https://youtu.be/prmkaUMf39g
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 09:04:31 PM »
The one I ordered on fleabay said New Jersey location but no matter, you can bet that either NJ or Ca. is  drop point for an overseas shipment and they are coming directly from China.
I plan to set up a test stand and a load, probably a fan and give the thing a durability test. My guess is if it lasts 10 hours with a heavy but not full rack load  that they will run a while.  Not much metal there as compared to an L48 Yanmar that's for sure.

Hey 38ac, did your engine arrive? If so what are your thoughts?
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 09:39:30 PM »
I just posted the same basic topic lol without even seeing yours. How are a boatload showing up on ebay? 10hp 186f diesel clones of the yanmar L100. There are many sellers in different states selling these. They have less than zero emissions on them but here they are, and the Listeroid is banned.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 09:44:08 PM »
The engine in that video was made in 2015. And it is stamped Purpose: Stationary use. Maybe this is how they are allowed in.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
One of these showed up for sale locally. 196CC 3HP diesel. I thought the EPA banned the small diesels? Anyway I  searched them a bit and found they are on eBay and Amazon and if you shop a bit, just over $200. For that kind of money I ordered one just to play with.
  Be interesting to see how long that will last with splash lube. That thing looks cheap. The 10hp yanmar clones are at least copied off of a diesel engine. It looks this may be a copy of a gasoline engine. Yes would be interesting to see internals. Aluminum rod I wonder?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:52:19 PM by keith71 »
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 10:01:59 PM »
Maybe the changfa's can now be sold again in the USA.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 10:47:09 PM »
i wouldn't hold my breath on changfa's ever coming back in.

not legally anyway.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 10:57:38 AM »

Hey 38ac, did your engine arrive? If so what are your thoughts?

Ya it was here in a couple days. Fired right up and runs smoothly.  Other than that it has been sitting while other projects in the shop take precedence. I rather doubt that it would be a good engine to operate long hours every day, there just isn't much weight there.

As to the Yanmar clones the L100 Yanmars were reconfigured to meet emissions I think they have a V suffix. Of course it didn't take China long to copy that. As far as I know they are legally importable. No so for the L48 and L70