Puppeteer

Author Topic: Any Lister engine experts in Nottingham?  (Read 2854 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Any Lister engine experts in Nottingham?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2021, 08:38:13 PM »
Neither the oil or the air filter have been done at present, the local chandlers didn't have the right ones in, but he's going to call in each marina on his way to see if they have. TBH when I looked at the air filter I've never seen on as bad as the current one is, I can't imagine how many years it's been in there.

Glad you got going again! Just out of interest, is this his boat, or a rented one? If it's his, I'm guessing he's not long bought it & will be looking forward to doing a full service? I suspect if the filters were all plugged, the engine oil is well overdue a change too!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

Phaeton

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 07:49:00 AM »
Apologies I didn't seem to get an email of your reply, he owns it, he bought it last October, but he has very little mechanical experience other than cycles, he's 44, lives in London & as such has never had a vehicle, doesn't even have a driving license of any kind. He's on a very steep learning curve, all the problems are fixable, the only issue is he's now on his way back to London which makes it more difficult for me to meet up to help him.

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 12:24:57 PM »
Steep learning curves usually work out for the best. As he has put himself in the situation he must have expected to be a bit hands on. Just sounds like he got a bit more than expected but that works in his favour.
I'm in the deep end at the moment trying to work out electronics on a mother board from my MIG welder. Would love to say I m enjoying it but is interesting.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.