Lister Engines > Original Lister Cs Engines

6/1 Lister injector specifications

(1/3) > >>

Aberdonion:
Hi Folks, I have a 6/1 SOM which I am slowly trying to bring into service. The injector needs to be refurbished but the machine shop in Edmonton Ab. said they couldn't do it without the specifications. Does anyone have the necessary specifications? Thanks - John

mihit:
I'm not sure what specifications? If it's intact and one of the bryce/ bosch types then it's pretty much clean-up and run it.
I do have an exploded diagram on the PC but don't recall mention of crack pressure or anything. Either measure/mark current adjustment or don't tutu with it!

As for pintle sizes angles etc, if it's that far gone you'll be better finding a good one IMO

38ac:
Personally I would be supect of a shop that didn't have or didn't know how to look up the specs.
Lister   6/1, 8/1   CAV numbers that they can cross if need be.
Pump BPF1B70CS6253   
Nozzle holder BKB50S507b   
Nozzle BDL30S46   
Setting pressure 110 atms   

I have both rebuild parts and complete new Bosch MICO injectors in stock.

Aberdonion:
Thank you guys for your responses which are very helpful. When I first tried to start it, there would be smoke but no fire. Now there is not even smoke so I was thinking perhaps the channel (tube) had blocked from being out of service for 15 years or perhaps more.  i will take your information and injector to a different shop and see what they say. Many thanks and much appreciation. - John

mike90045:
you can simply back the  nut at the injector off a turn or two and see if any fuel dribbles out as you crank (with no compression) .  No dribble = clog.   But that pipe is generally under very high pressure from the pump, and would push any clog through and maybe into the injector.
Does fuel gravity dribble out of the pump inlet if you loosen the inlet nut ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version