Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

6/1 CS Linkage

(1/1)

Brad Silwood:
I have not been happy with the linkage on this thing since the beginning, and I have improved it considerably. I now have complete left to right movement of the rack with no binding. Once the complete linkage is connected, it appears that the governor arm does NOT have the same movement (throw) as the rack, therefore, the gov arm will not allow the rack to cover its full range - stop to wide open. So, am I missing something, or am I just going to give up a portion of one side of the rack. I imagine if I have to give up rack movement, the losing side will be, not opening up to full throttle, because otherwise, it might not want to stop. Guidance please. Thanks

38ac:
Move the shut off lever to run. Unhook the governor spring. Then pull one of the pins from the vertical link, either end makes no difference. Then move to shut off lever back to off. Rotate the governor lever counter clock wise  as far as it will go and hold it. Adjust vertical link until pin will insert. Tighten lock nut, governor us adjusted . Also video on my YouTube channel, "the38ac"

Brad Silwood:
You have an amazing skill of delivering complete instructions to perfection, with as few words as possible. What a gift ! I will be doing this ASAP. Thanks so much for pointing out your youtube channel - I am a now a subscriber. You have already helped me out so much without even knowing it. When I was rebuilding the Lovson - sure enough, I had taken it apart never imagining that there would be no timing marks anywhere. I just happened to run across your timing video, and it was explained so succinctly, that even I, felt confident that I would prevail. You have saved my A$$ a few times already, and I thank you very much Sir !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version