Author Topic: I'm ready to buy a gen head..............  (Read 123 times)

Brad Silwood

• View Profile
I'm ready to buy a gen head..............
« on: March 31, 2021, 04:59:17 AM »
......... for my Lovson 6/1 CS. I wish I had had enough foresight, to have gotten an Utterpower PMG years ago. I've been doing a bunch of searching the brands, and reading through years of posts. Have looked from the Chinese ST's, to Northern tools brushless, Stamfords, an on and on. I even spoke to a fella that would make me a custom head. One of the brands doesn't make below 8kw, and I imagine 5kw is probably max for my single. So, I'd like yalls opinions please. Who's had good service with what ?

If I wanted a brushless unit, with clean power out, didn't want to buy Chinese, now that I'm thoroughly confused - is there such an animal

Thanks,
Brad

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 05:39:48 AM by Brad Silwood »
Lovson 6/1, 23.5 " spoke style flywheels, has not run yet
Ford Excursion 4x4 7.3 diesel  B100
John Deere 4020  B100
3 Polaris diesel 4x4 ATV's  B100
'85 MB 300D  B100
'82 MB 300D  B100

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: I'm ready to buy a gen head..............
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:07:06 AM »
Stamford original or Chinese Stamford copy - very close to the same thing. Stamford original 8.2kW about double the cost of the Chinese clone. Lister/Petter  had Chinese manufacturers building most of their (rebranded) generator heads for the past decade. We stock a wide array of these machines.

There is no real penalty in running an 8kW head at 1/2 its rated output... so that is a non-issue.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations