Author Topic: A sign of the times, Genuine Lister CS crankshaft.......  (Read 1916 times)

listard-jp2

• View Profile
A sign of the times, Genuine Lister CS crankshaft.......
« on: March 19, 2021, 10:31:42 AM »
This item:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LISTER-CS-SINGLE-CYLINDER-CRANK-SHAFT-BRAND-NEW-3-5-1-6-1-DIESEL-ENGINE/284219484117

Has now been on ebay for over a week (at the time of starting this thread). For a genuine NOS crankshaft that is a bargain price, and I cannot understand why it is still unsold. Obviously the interest in Lister CS engines is not what it once was.

FWIW: I have had dealings with this seller in the past, and he is a reliable chap.

Interestingly if you wanted an Indian version of this item it is available from the well known UK based seller in York, and it would be approaching twice this price.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
Re: A sign of the times, Genuine Lister CS crankshaft.......
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 01:41:49 PM »
Man I could have used that a couple of years ago. Would be a nice spare but no shipping much less to the US.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »
Slow speed diesel interest here in the states dropped dramatically about 6-7? years ago but has remained pretty much stable since the big drop. Sales at my little buisiness was very brisk last year as compared to the previous 2.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 09:37:56 AM »
ISTM that interest in these old engine has dropped off here in the UK too. Show-ready engines are still selling for big money on eBay, but anything that looks like it needs work, seems to be getting sod all... which, given the shortage of shows last year + the fact many people were on government-mandated leave (furlough), seems to be a bit arse about face.... For sure, if I'd been furloughed, I'd have been doing all kinds of metalworking projects!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.