Puppeteer

Author Topic: Need some input on buying a Stamford Generator Head  (Read 4449 times)

guest18

Re: Need some input on buying a Stamford Generator Head
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2020, 02:23:55 PM »
This is a picture of the smaller diameter flywheel with the deeper bell housing installed.

I could not find a picture of the larger diameter flywheel with the shallower bell housing. But the picture shows what an SAE 5 Bell Housing Flange looks like.

guest18

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »
This is a CAD drawing of a Kubota D1005-BG. It came from Kubota’s site. The drawing looks very close to real. Amazing.

As far as I know, the Kubota D905, D1005 and D1105 BG series (Generator spec’d) engines use the same Flywheels and Bell Housings.

When I bought a flywheel and housing set I noticed all three engines shared the same part numbers for the flywheel and housing.

guest18

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2020, 03:14:39 PM »
Here was the generator I built years ago. Was getting it ready for first test run.

Randybee1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2020, 11:10:19 PM »

. I’m working on a 1988 Ford F-150 with a 4.9, 5 speed. Only 69,000 miles. Converting the ignition system to A Dura Spark ll distributor to trigger an MSD 6AL controller. The fuel injection system is being converted to Holley’s 2300 Snipper EFI system.
Got tired messing with the OEM equipment. I hope to have it running soon.

1972 Chevy Vega Wagon, Nice! The last year when they looked good. They are starting to become collectors. A person down the road has a yellow one. It looks very nice.

My daily driver is a 1989 F150 6 cyl with a C6 trans. It is in almost mint condition, everything works as it should. I even replaced the AC system and filled it with R12 (that I have a small supply of). I just reupholstered the front bench seat and added a seat heater. It looks better than when it left the factory.

guest18

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
The 1987-1991 F150 pickups were some of the toughest trucks, and they were some of the ugliest made. But the ugliness grows on you after a while. They have thick metal body and no front crumple zones on the front of the frame.

The only reason I’m doing a ignition and fuel injection do over is the truck is the truck sat for over six years with full tanks of fuel. The fuel looked like chocolate pudding with chocolate chips.  The electrical system was damaged by mice living under the hood. The whole wiring harness from the ECU to forward  was destroyed. The ECU is bad. 4 out of the 6 injectors can’t be rebuilt, EGR bad............
Fortunately, the engine is in excellent shape. Compression is well within spec. Within a 5% difference from lowest to highest. Since I got the truck for free and emissions is not a concern l’m going to convert it to a simpler setup so maintenance will be easier. At least that is what I’m hoping for.