Slow Speed Diesel Engines > Other Slow Speed Diesels

Mystery engine?

<< < (2/4) > >>

cobbadog:
Do they run? For that price they would need to be a runner. If they don't run you are paying big money for scrap metal. You can also copy and paste the name and use google to trnslate the name of it to establish what it is.

listard-jp2:
I cannot identify the Chinese manufacturer, but from the pictures you have shown, this looks a lot a Hatz E75 engine.

guest18:
I helped pick one up with a friend that was almost the same. He bought it near Wilton, Connecticut about 28 years ago. The Name on the engine was Iron Ox. The engine was built. Honestly, I think it put most single cylinder water cooled engines to shame. Including Changfa. My friend sold the thing before I moved to North Carolina. I should of bought it.  They were some of China’s premium engines that were imported briefly in Connecticut. Everything about them looked over built. I tried finding another one about 11 years ago and had no luck. I think my friend paid about $300.00 at the time. It came with a rebuild kit. The thing was heavy. It was direct injected.

Great engine, but parts are going to be hard to find.

guest18:
Just did a search and here is the exact engine. Was electric and hand start. Wish we can get them.

http://www.delux.com.cn/en/view.asp?proid=25

Tanman:
Unfortunately, the gentleman sold them before I could get there. Too bad, on the bright side I found someone semi-local that has a ton of running Kubota EA300's (for $300 each) of which I already have a generator based on and one spare engine. Based on availability (engines and parts), price, and location I may be deep diving into that engine over any other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version