Puppeteer

Author Topic: New Listeroids for sale  (Read 21174 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Listeroids for sale
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
Hi VP,

No - not grumpy, just trying to keep the tone a little more civil around here. The last thing I want to do is have this descend into a twitter-esque war of words...

Anyhoo.

No, sorry, I don't have an LR1 manual. I do have an LR1 in pieces, though, so if you do stumble across a manual, let me know! Because I can't remember how to put it back together again (doh!)
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »

VP

I have an LR1 manual.
If you PM me your email address I will send it.

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2019, 02:09:03 AM »
Hi Veggie

Send also a copy to AdeV.

Cheers, and thanks again.
VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2021, 01:57:25 AM »
Actually Bruce stated the situation very accurately in my opinion. I have been through around 30 of them in my little operation, mostly new engines and parts kits but a few low houred engine that didn'tast very long. Almost every one of them had defects in material or workmanship that would seriously affect working life. Never seen one that didn't have loads of casting sand and slag inside. Never seen one with a proper hone pattern. Never seen one that didn't have seriously scratched rod bearing shells from the erection shop test run. Never seen one with proper valve to guide clearances. Never seen one with a proper valve seat in the head. Never seen a correctly finished and assembled  oil pump. Never seen a straight camshaft. I could go on but the picture is painted well enough for my consumption. A person who puts a Listeroid to work without checking everything first in playing Russian roulette with a single shot pistol.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2021, 02:02:58 AM »

Obviously keith71 has never seen or worked on one of the wonderful products fron India.

Good luck with that !

Gary

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

gadget

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2021, 04:09:06 AM »

Obviously keith71 has never seen or worked on one of the wonderful products fron India.

Good luck with that !

Gary

Yea, my DES already had a wrong piston, etching on one of the lifters, bent camshaft, used cylinder bore...and I haven't even assembled it yet....

I'm sure my list will grow but I will make it a good runner once its done...

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2021, 02:29:19 AM »

Good luck with that !

Gary
More than you would believe.. And many more of anyother diesel you wanna throw in the mix.. Just have not seen the extent and damage to the degree that has been complained about here.. If you cannot disasemble one of these clean and seal the block and have it running that nite you really have no buisiness owning one..They are a man's machine,the majority of the complainers here ought to stick witha changfa or 186f. Where are all the pictures of these horrible listeroids with extensive problems.. Sure are alot of complaints ,but as usual the internet hardly ever proves it.. It is tough to explain to people who have read the same 10 posts by the same 10 people on the internet thst what they read just mayb bull$hit..
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2021, 02:39:17 AM »
This is a professional forum for folks selling listers and parts. Not a forum for others to bash the product they are selling. It is not this forums position to police sales and belittle a members for sale post.. you can start your own thread about listeroid reliability on another part of the forum... please let this not go down the road of facebook.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2021, 07:35:54 AM »
OK, I'm fed up with this thread. It's generated more heat than any other in recent times. The OP hasn't been here for 18 months, possibly because of all the shit he caught when - by all accounts - he was doing his best to improve the output of the Indian lister clone factories (or one of them, at least).

Since it appears it's unable to die of natural causes, I hereby pronounce it dead.

If anyone has any problems with this, please PM me in the first instance.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 07:37:47 AM by AdeV »
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.