Puppeteer

Author Topic: Glort gone awol  (Read 3842 times)

dax021

• View Profile
Glort gone awol
« on: December 04, 2020, 05:15:04 PM »
I see Glort has disappeared from the forum, I assume banned as all his post have also gone missing.  I would like to get hold of him, so if anyone might have his email address, would you please share, or PM me.  Thanks, Peter

cobbadog

• View Profile
Re: Glort gone awol
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 04:07:36 AM »
I know he lives only a couple of hours away from me and that he comes up here on a regular basis to visit Family but I have no contact details. Maybe try send him a PM he just may be lurking about. Hopefully he is ok and will return. I see no trouble in having an opinion on something and a lot of his threads and replies have been helpful not just to me but to many.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 05:47:44 AM »
I tried that but he is gone, cleared out, disappeared, maybe the CIA got him.  I left him a PM on Microgen, but he hasn't replied or read it.  I too found his knowledge useful and easily overlooked his abrasiveness.  His insight into everything WMO/WVO is unequalled.  If you do happen to go past him, please PM me his details.  I know EdDee is also keen to contact him. Thanks, Peter

gadget

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 11:03:35 PM »
I tried that but he is gone, cleared out, disappeared, maybe the CIA got him.  I left him a PM on Microgen, but he hasn't replied or read it.  I too found his knowledge useful and easily overlooked his abrasiveness.  His insight into everything WMO/WVO is unequalled.  If you do happen to go past him, please PM me his details.  I know EdDee is also keen to contact him. Thanks, Peter

He had some really good ideas on drying WVO. I think he had a youtub channel, but I can't find it now. This forum seems to have issues with users disappearing and post vanishing.

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:52 AM »
I was surprised when he gave positive comments on a couple of my projects.

He could be abrasive from time to time.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:42:30 AM by 32 coupe »
Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 01:59:45 AM »
Glort is alive and well, just running a muck somewhere else at the moment. He is still his charming and irreverent self.

gadget

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
I'll give the guy some credit, I was able to use one of his WVO ideas for filtering and drying vacuum pump oil. Has save me lots of $$$

Rest in peace Glorty

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 08:16:00 PM »
He's alive and well.  Ade sent him a message and he got hold of me.  Have been chatting a bit via emails

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 05:29:04 AM »
I'm glad he is well and getting on with more projects. Maybe one day he will be back.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 12:12:33 PM »
If anyone wants to get in touch with him, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll forward it on to him.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

br549

• View Profile
posting on forum help plus g mailing in us to adeV RE som electric manual
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 08:53:18 AM »
   i s ent adeV  an e mail then saw his mesage  re. gmail problems can you e mail him  my adress moocar3@gmail.com and  phone number 5417022189 in oregon .  i will pay all charges  thanks for your help.  br549 happy  motoring. :         

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 11:59:35 PM »
I'm glad he is well and getting on with more projects. Maybe one day he will be back.

I always enjoyed his posts, many of which were quite thought provoking, and I do wish he'd come back.

This forum seems to have issues with users disappearing and post vanishing.

I think the Lister engine world is populated by people who want to prepare for what might be coming. The engine promises to be maintainable and sustainable. That's certainly what attracted me to this world. While I prep for hurricanes and the Listeroids have been wonderful after the multiple Florida storms, I feel like I fit right in to the prepper group. A group populated by eccentric people, who perceive future risk in a different, and quite possibly more clear, way.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 12:17:42 AM by cujet »
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »
I think the Lister engine world is populated by people who want to prepare for what might be coming. The engine promises to be maintainable and sustainable. That's certainly what attracted me to this world. While I prep for hurricanes and the Listeroids have been wonderful after the multiple Florida storms, I feel like I fit right in to the prepper group. A group populated by eccentric people, who perceive future risk in a different, and quite possibly more clear, way.

What's this got to do with bigotry, racism and fascism?  A clever mind isn't a license.

PS:  People that count on their fingers have data and an audit trail to prove their conclusions.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »
Hi Gentles, and in special to LG

LG do you want to send you a matchbox? gasoline is already spread!  ;D

Stay safe at least! (its natural some people miss the all mighty king and feel need to be beaten! dont bother)

VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 05:23:47 AM »
I look at it like this and that is everyone is entitled to their views, we dont have to always like them but it is they way life is. It would be very boring if we were all the same.
Sometimes I didn't agree with statements made by posters, so I either stopped reading that post or thread and went onto the next. I didn't take it to heart.