Author Topic: Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier  (Read 1659 times)

ghost123uk

• View Profile
Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:42:34 AM »
Hi folks, new here so firstly a big HI from me, John, aged 68 and in the West Midlands  ;D

I have a fairly nice "survivor" (ie un-restored but ok to look at) series 2 PAZ1 fixed speed engine.

I dug it out of the back of my unheated garage, where it has stood for around 4 years with a blanket over it.
It still had fuel in it from 4 years ago, but it fired right up on the first cranking with virtually no smoke  8)
I changed the oil, checked the tappets and wiped it over with a Paraffin rag.

Now to the point, I knew the governor didn't work (it never has since I got it about 10 years ago).
I stripped the governor off and discovered it only has a spring one one side of the weights  >:(
I checked as best as I could, to make sure the missing spring was not lurking in the front casing, but I cannot see it (I hope it ain't in the sump).

So far I have not been able to source a new pair of springs.
The part number I got from a manual I down loaded ( number = PD6) comes up with nothing on several Google search terms.

So, does anyone either know of a part number I can search for, or even better a place that is likely to be able to supply?

Regards to all,
John B
John in the West Midlands

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 08:36:38 AM »
Would these do?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PETTER-PAZI-GOV-SPRING-pack-of-10-327036X10/251958604233?hash=item3aa9e731c9:g:gbQAAOSwBLlVU17m

Not sure why you'd want a pack of 10... but since it's the last pack, you could probably "drip feed" them back out to eBay in pairs to off-set your outlay... Assuming they look right of course.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.