Author Topic: First Post! Lister 12/2 (I think) w Stamford Generator  (Read 2293 times)

kvanlaan

• View Profile
First Post! Lister 12/2 (I think) w Stamford Generator
« on: November 11, 2020, 02:47:27 PM »
Good day, Folks - I have just acquired a Lister 12/2 (I think) with accompanying Stamford Generator and need both a gasket set and a mating collar for power transmission for it.  I would love to know where I could get both and therefore make this a simple repair and not an extended scavenger hunt/fabrication exercise, if at all possible.  Does such a vendor exist?

Thank you!
Kevin

kvanlaan

• View Profile
Re: First Post! Lister 12/2 (I think) w Stamford Generator
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »
Also, please forgive any unintended missteps in terms of the above post - I did try to look for proper forum etiquette, but I may be offside even so.  Mea culpa.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 05:23:25 PM »
Hello Kevin welcome to the site. You have a Lister SR2 there. A more modern lister than a 12/2.

As far as parts location has a lot to do with it. I am guessing  you are in Australia.

This guy is in Australia but I am not sure how much he has available for an SR. https://www.oldtimerengines.com.au/

This guy is based in the UK and has the gasket set listed as well as other parts for the SR2. https://www.stationaryengineparts.com/Lister-SR2-full-set.html

There is always Ebay too.

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:25:04 PM »
Hi Kevin

In complement of Bronco, its a SR2 Z, it means its a counterclock rotation. So pay atention when tunning Injection pumps.

BR
VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

kvanlaan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 02:36:35 PM »
Thank you so much - the ID was a huge part of it and I was far from able to do that.  I am actually in Canada, and thus Ebay and, I believe, a vendor in New Hampshire would both be close by (though I am guessing that the UK vendor may have certain hard-to-find items that the others may not).  When I took off one of the covering plates, the interior was minty clean and I'd like to keep it that way.

I just ended up going with the UK source for an SR2 gasket set; we'd like this thing to last.

Many thanks for all your help; I am sure this is the tip of the iceberg!

kvanlaan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »
Hi Kevin - In complement of Bronco, its a SR2 Z, it means its a counterclock rotation. So pay attention when tuning Injection pumps.

Aha - we noticed that the starting handle could be oriented either way via the spring loaded tab in the collar and assumed that meant it was able to be run either way.  Thank you for the information!

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »
I am actually in Canada,

Ahh, the "Good Day" threw me off. It sounds like you have one that was well cared for it the interior is nice and clean. Lister parts are getting a little tougher to find but there is still a distribution network here in the States and there should be one in Canada too. I have had good luck dealing with the UK vendor as well. Good luck with it and let us know how you get along.

kvanlaan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 07:38:12 PM »
I am actually in Canada,

Ahh, the "Good Day" threw me off.

Of course, I forgot the obligatory 'eh' after the 'good day' that would have served as proper national identification!

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 11:16:32 PM »
Hello Kevin.....Welcome, eh!
I could tell that you are in Canada, it's dark up here! There are a couple of Canadian parts sources that I know of, but they're limited to 6/1 bits. I used to have an SR2 and got parts from the previously mentioned UK supplier. DEV Engineering in India also has parts, though shipping seems a costly ordeal combined with a long wait. Here is an address for a very good supplier and former poster on the forum. Gary may be out of business now, but worth a try.  https://www.diesel-electric.us/
I'm on an island out west, where're you?
Cheers
Hugh
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

kvanlaan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 07:28:00 PM »
I'm on the 'South Coast' near Port Dover in Ontario.  You never know, there may be an SR2 lurking in a boat nearby, unbeknownst to me...

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 10:06:45 PM »
@ KVANLAAN
There is a forum member in your neck of the woods who has several SR2s. About 4 years ago, I gave him an SR2 for the cost of shipping.
His username is Quinnbrian. He has not posted here for a while, though you might check the member's list and PM him.
He could be a goldmine of experience and information for you. To see his posts, just enter quinnbrian in the search box top right of this page
Good luck
Cheers
Hugh
See this old thread:  https://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=7603.0
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:42:52 PM by Hugh Conway »
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

kvanlaan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »
Awesome, thank you!