How to / DIY > Engines

Help locating the coolant drain on a LPWS4

(1/2) > >>

toxcolin:
Total newbie question but I need to change the coolant on a LPWS4 and i need to know where to drain the old stuff out?

Many help with this would be amazing

Many thanks

Colin

cobbadog:
I would start by dropping the bottom radiator hose and flush out any old coolant from the block that way. Sometimes there is a blanking off plug that looks like the head of a bolt on the side of the block but you need to be careful undoing this as it might break off and leave you with an issue to fix.

toxcolin:
Thanks for getting back to me that's great. Is the bottom radiator hose attached to the heat exchanger? Sorry if this is a supid question.

cobbadog:
It is not a silly question, the only silly question is the one you dont ask and it turns bad.
To answer your question I am not familiar with your model engine so with out a pic I cannnot say.
Is this a marine engine?
May I also suggest that you do a Google search for a workshop manual for your engine. There are free ones out there to be found like I did for my little SR2 engine. This will help you out a lot with servicing and any other specifications you may need. There may even be a manual on this Forum so maybe use the 'search' bar and see what turns up.

toxcolin:
Thanks again for the reply.

The workshop manual unfortunately has no diagrams and nether does the parts manual for the bottom hose. I can see what a bottom hose looks like on ebay for the LPWS4 so im hoping i can scrabble around to find it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version