Lister Engines > Original Lister Cs Engines

Lister CS 6/1 running to slow

<< < (2/2)

listeroil:

Heres  a picture of both weights the 8/1 is lighter.

32 coupe:
If the linkage is free and the weights travel freely with no binding a heavier spring is the answer.

On my 25/2 I spent weeks playing with springs and weights. Gary sent me a lighter set of weights and
i sent the cam, gear and weights to Butch just to make sure I had assembled it correctly. It was.

You can turn the engine to a spot where the weights will full travel and again make sure you have no binding
thru the entire system. This is without the engine running.

The weights I got from Gary were so close to the originals I dont think they made any difference.
My problem was that I was trying to run the engine too slow.

ajaffa1:
Hi 32 coupe, if I remember rightly you had quite a thread going about how to govern a CS. Glad you got it sorted.

My problem is that my engine appears to want to run at around 400 RPM, If I apply pressure to the injector rack it will spin up to 700 RPM or possibly more. once I remove that pressure the governor very quickly brings it back to 400 RPM.

I am not certain that my old manual RPM counter is as accurate as it once was so I have ordered a more modern digital laser tachometer. I let you know the results when it arrives.

Bob

32 coupe:
Bob,

If you have it hooked up to a generator you can measure hz and figure the rpm's
by doing the math. 50hz on a 4 pole head should be 1500 rpm's. Do the math on the pulley
sizes and you will have the engine rpm's.

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version