How to / DIY > Everything else

Privately Owned Solar Array

<< < (2/2)

snowman18:

--- Quote from: mike90045 on July 11, 2020, 08:09:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: snowman18 on July 11, 2020, 05:20:28 AM ---... Has dirty inverters emitting lots of EMF which is the source of a problem .......
--- End quote ---

EMF ?     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromotive_force

what about EMI ( electro magnetic interference )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the correction, yes should have said EMI.

snowman18:
Today sunrise 5:44 am ↑ (53°) with this mornings internet interruption at 7:43:28 a.m.

Looks like the solar array storage battery's need recharging before dumping back to the grid, in the evening those storage battery's are depleted within minutes and the evening internet interruption coincides with sunset.

snowman18:
The solar array uses Switchgear, inside there's a mechanically ( motorized ) operated load break interrupter.

The interrupter is much to slow in terms of the electronic needs for the radio repeater, any loss in power the system has to reboot.

The reboot at the bin farm lasts about 20 minutes, once service is restore to the repeater radio and the signal once again beamed into our village the routers supplied by the service provider take another 20 minutes to establish an IP address.

Dynamically assigned IP address versus static.

snowman18:
Got it figured, but having trouble convincing the IT people who maintain our internet service.

The ISP installed electronic gear inside the electrical utility building that services the bin yard when switchgear for the solar changeovers take place it creates a ripple which in turn creates an electrical magnetic storm inside the building.

snowman18:
Rep from the vendor that supplied the equipment don't want to talk about it unless he's on the $$$ clock.

Every so often I pick another electricians brain, John tell me this solar system at 600 volts is a low voltage system - could have fooled me.

Anyhow John figures the system is load unbalanced, but but the system at the moment is only feeding back to the grid. Say one third of the panels were faulty in one of the three rows which all feed into this transformer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version