Author Topic: Group order from India  (Read 4290 times)

Tanman

• View Profile
Group order from India
« on: June 17, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »
Hello all,

I have been talking with a representative from Fieldmarshal in India for a few weeks and have also gotten an import letter from CBP in the u.s. to get listeroids into the country in a mostly complete configuration and was wondering if anyone was interested in getting some 6/1s? I'm working on getting the shipping straightened out. But can get some final numbers put together if there is some interest. I'm not doing it to get rich, I just want to get a new listeroid at a good price for myself and it's cheaper if I can do a small container vs. one engine. Happy to talk over more details if anyone is interested.
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
Re: Group order from India
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 01:52:02 AM »
The quality is going to be a driving factor.  If they are full of bad parts, it may take 5 engines to piece together 1 good one.  And the final fit and finish, has been a problem too, along with the beach sand

When those problems are solved, you may get some interest.

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 04:37:43 PM »
I was under the impression that those are virtually unsolvable, and you basically have to go through them no matter what. I'm okay with doing that, better to have one to go through than not have one at all (at least in my opinion). So I'm willing to "roll the dice" to get my hands on one, just wondering if anybody else would want one too.
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

dogjts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:24:43 PM »
can you import a lister/listeroid cs 6/1 complete runner from india? thx

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 09:52:57 PM »
can you import a lister/listeroid cs 6/1 complete runner from india? thx

A complete Listeroid into the US, no. You can import original Lister CSs into the US from wherever no problem.

Steve Criblecoblis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 05:03:04 PM »
Thank you for offering.  I looked into importing an engine from India and couldn't see anyway of doing it, so if you figure it out I would definite be interested.

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 12:58:24 AM »
Jim Calder, here in Canada has Listeroids and Listeroid "air compressors" on his website http://www.justliveoffgrid.com/
I've dealt with him over the years for parts. No problems, good service. Ships to U.S.
In the eastern U.S. you could drive up and bring one home if you didn't want the hassle of shipping documentation, etc.......
Oh, wait.........no cross border travel allowed just now. Shipping from India ( or nearly anywhere) seems to take a very long time these days. From Canada, maybe not so much, as the distance is shorter and no oceans need be crossed.
I did import a Dursley Start-O-Matic (from Europe) several years back. The shipping was reasonable at that time, but then there were the brokerage fees, customs fees, warehouse fees, and the killer.........it needed to be steam cleaned before being released from customs.......or so they said. The related costs were more than the cost of the Lister.
There was a guy here on LEF in the last year that claimed he was legally importing Listeroids into the U.S. and had them for sale........can't recall his name or business name, but have not heard anything from him here for a while. There were many doubters. Maybe his expectations were not actually possible, and the doubters were correct.
Cheers
Hugh
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »
You are correct Hugh, the fellow in Western Canada is Troy at Eco-Diesel.
I purchased my first Listeroid from him before bringing more from India.
He was carrying the "GTC" brand of listeroid which is a very reliable and well made version.
I believe he is still in business.
https://www.ecodieselcanada.com/?s=1&p=1
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

blkadder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 03:30:55 AM »
If I could get one smuggled into the States I would be in for one.
Ron

...Semper Fidelis...

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 12:20:06 PM »
Unless you are into high stakes gambling smuggling isn't realy a good option, if caught you lose everything you paid plus you get to pay customs to destroy it. Air compressor or parts kit is a far safer and legal means. With today's prices, freight, fees and duties I can usually put a person into a completely overhauled Lister CS for just a bit more than an India copy. So happens that I am going through a heavy flywheel 6/1 at this time, should be ready in a month,, shameless advertisement,,😁
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 12:11:27 AM »
Hello all,

I have been talking with a representative from Fieldmarshal in India for a few weeks and have also gotten an import letter from CBP in the u.s. to get listeroids into the country in a mostly complete configuration and was wondering if anyone was interested in getting some 6/1s? I'm working on getting the shipping straightened out. But can get some final numbers put together if there is some interest. I'm not doing it to get rich, I just want to get a new listeroid at a good price for myself and it's cheaper if I can do a small container vs. one engine. Happy to talk over more details if anyone is interested.
        You are probably not talking complete running 6/1's correct? As they are obiously banned. So are you trying to get the air compressor shipped in? Any thing come of this lately? thanks, Keith
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 08:43:44 PM »
We have a 15 year relationship with an India exporter who does our sourcing and other shipping and handling tasks in India. We bring in full containers of the various Lister clones as "parts kits". These are stocked in Kansas USA along with copious amounts of spare parts. The import costs have soared since we started doing this line of business, but can still be a good bargain because we do it in quantity. gsj@gci.net - diesel-electric.us

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations