Author Topic: how adjust pushrods for GM90  (Read 1407 times)

JETMECH10

• View Profile
how adjust pushrods for GM90
« on: June 24, 2020, 12:05:58 AM »
Hello I have a Satyajeet GM 90 , 6 HP single cylinder engine that I inherited.  Its not that old and was taken apart to change head gasket.
I need correct info on proper toque on head bolts, and the order to toque bolts.  One of the push pull rods for the engine ( exhaust valve)
is way to short?  How can push pull rods be adjusted? 

Thanks for all you assistance and help.  From JETMECH10

cobbadog

• View Profile
Re: how adjust pushrods for GM90
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 06:59:06 AM »
I am not familiar with this model engine but having one push rod shorter than the other is unusual unless it is a hit n miss engine with an atmospheric valve.
I always use Google to get my torque settings by size of bolt and thread type. This has never been wrong even after the fact I found out torque settings in a manual and Google search was spot on.
Maybe a picture of the rods and valves might shed some light on it but soon enough someone will be able to set you straight.

Have you looked online for a workshop manual for it, this also might help.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 07:30:55 PM »
If your clone is anything like an original Lister CS engine, then it will be perfectly normal for the inlet and exhaust push rods to be different lengths.

The exhaust push rod will be shorter as it has to accommodate a valve lifter (de-compressor) on the exhaust tappet.

JETMECH10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 02:08:20 AM »
thanks for your reply both of you. 
I did not have any problem until I was forced to remove lifters while moving rocker arms because they did not did not a line with the top of valves themselves.  After tightening down rocker arms the lifters required a excessive amount of adjustment.   But I have been able to compleat adjustment, and have engine running fine once more.  I have the lifter rods rotating by themselves once again

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 06:57:49 AM »
Well done, glad your up and running again.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.