Lister Engines > Lister Based Generators

Replacing Generator

(1/2) > >>

Alexdick:
I have decided to replace the Brush Generator(alternator?) attached to my lister engine with a new one. Can anyone tell me who, in the UK, i can contact to source an equivalent? I have been in touch with Meccalte and they say they cannot help. I attach a couple of photos. Any help/advice would be grateful received! many thanks. Alex

sirpedrosa:
Hi Alex

You are replacing it why? is it burned?

I think best way is rewind it, or rebuilt it. Offcourse Meccalte canot help, they want to sell you a brand new plant.

What is the realy issue of your genny?

BR
VP

Alexdick:
Thanks for this.....Meccalte weren't offering to rebuild it but they said they couldn't replace it either. Happy to get it rebuilt but I need someone to do that as it is way beyond my capabilities so again, any pointers as to who might do that would be appreciated.
thanks

broncodriver99:
Looks like an SOM head which has a start winding built in. I don't know that anyone makes an equivalent these days. Here in the US we have motor rebuild shops. A decent motor shop should be able to rebuild it.

Alexdick:
Thanks for the advice....I am looking for a company in the UK that can take it in and recondition/mend the thing for me as I am sure the whole unit need skewering etc!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version