Lister Engines > Things I want to Buy

What is this bolt called and where can I find one?

(1/2) > >>

spif:
Hi everyone,

A bolt in the centre of my gearbox / coupling broke but I don't know how to start looking for it.
What are these kinds of bolts called? Does anyone recognise it and know where I can buy a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help!

cobbadog:
Hi mate, I'm not sure what it is called but to help others who may have the answers for you could you post more and as much details on what it is out of. Make and model helps a lot.

spif:
Thanks cobbadog. And yes doh! Should share a bit more about my engine.

I've asked before what engine I have in this thread: https://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=7503.msg84689#msg84689

And the conclusion was that it's an SR-3 marine engine.

AdeV:
It looks like a cam follower of some kind.

Could I ask you to make be do a bit of post-processing on that pic? Best thing would be to snip off the edges so just the bolt is there, then re-size down to something managable - 800x600 is best, 1024x768 is also OK. The 4000x3000ish size makes it unviewable (in one lump) on most screens, and especially on my tiddly laptop screen that I'm on just now.

If you're a Linux user, GIMP is the program you need to do the job. For Windows users, you can use plain old Paint to trim the image, then I recommend the Faststone Image Resizer (which is FREE - a quick google should find the download page) to resize the result (you can also use it to resize and rename a series of photos, add watermarks etc. Really good piece of software, and free to boot.

Cheers!

sirpedrosa:
Hi Spif

I'm with AdeV, its sure a cam follower, and it will be a 1/2BSF (12,7, not 13mm, unless engine is not english, if metric it will be metric fine).

Find a rezonable machinist to do a new one, its worthable than repair it (it can be repaired for shure, it depends how much importance it got in the mechanism.

Just my 5 cents!

BR
VP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version